Did you get a room upgrade?

Doubt it. Most cruiselines do nothing special for you that's "free" just because you are getting married, it's your birthday, your anniversary, etc. Lots of people on your cruise will be celebrating something. Usually, you get an upgrade when you either pay for it, or they need your room for someone else.

Just curious if anyone got a room upgrade and how big of an upgrade it was? We have a balcony room which is fine with me but part of me wonders if they'd upgrade us since we're getting married (who knows, right?).

The only way to be upgraded with Princess is to first book a guarantee in a category you can live with. Then every time they give you a room assignment, call in and ask to be switched to a guarantee again in the category they upgraded you to. The only way this will work is if the sailing has a lot of wait listed categories. For our sailing all of Interior, Obstructed Oceanview, and most of Oceanview are waitlisted (5 cabins left)... Hope this helps! I hope you have a great wedding!!

Archived