Junior Suite Privileges??

phlydude

I have poked around the threads and found limited but conflicting information on the privileges associated with Junior Suites on the Voyager Class cruises.

Someone set me straight, what are the privileges associated with booking a Junior Suite?

Do you get priority boarding?

Do you get to use the Concierge Lounge and the benefits associated with the lounge (excursion booking, ice show tickets, cordials, etc.)?

Do you get early debarkation at tendering ports? How about at the end of the cruise?

I appreciate your help in advance. I think my MIL was mis-informed by her phone associate at a mass cruise selling agency. She was told she would have access to the Concierge lounge. Personally, it doesn't matter to me because I booked an oceanview but since she dragged her feet and is cruising in a party of 3, she was forced into a Junior suite on deck 7 aft. I'd like to let her know in advance what to expect and not expect in case her agent wasn't quite as educated as she should have been.

Thanks

In September 2004 on AOS, we had a bathtub. No concierge access. Our tablemates were quite disappointed b/c their TA told them that they would have concierge service.

Our luggage tags did say suite, so we probably could've gotten priority check-in at embarkation. However, we got to the pier pretty late and there were no lines, so this was a non-issue. Tendering was also not an issue on our cruise.

We have a JS booked for Voyager Mar. 5. My understanding is we get priority embarking/debarking and that is it. May have to pay a higher tip rate for stateroom steward-bigger room/bathtub etc. No concierge services. Like others we are going to ask for robes etc. (on the end of a $20.00 bill):) . My girlfriend's first cruise and I am already spoiling the hell out of her, when- oh- when will I ever learn?:D

You only get the priority embarkation, not disembarkation, although you may get the first set of luggage tags. No concierge access or special departure lounge. Bathrobes will vary by ship, with some allowing JS to have them, others restricting them to Platinum & Diamond members (and presumably full suites).

You do get a bathtub (except, I think on Empress) and on the Radiance-class ships, a walk-in closet. And a larger cabin.

The tip is whatever you want it to be. If you give cash, you have complete control over the amount. If you put it on your Seapass, you will be charged the RCCL "recommended amount," which for a JS is the same as for a regular cabin, NOT the increased suite rate (at least it wasn't for us on Monarch or Radiance in 2004).

Guest OBAYbee

I've sailed all of the voyager class ships booking Jr suites. We had priority embarkation not debarkation as already mentioned above.

QUESTION: I plan to take my family next cruise. Only I will have the Jr suite. Will they be able to board when I do?

I think --- a Junior Suite gets double C&A points. Last week, we sailed in a GS on the AOS. We were given two C&A credits for the suite.

This is correct. That's why we booked a JS for our SOS next January. I'm hoping I can convince DH to do a cruise over Labor Day weekend, so we make Platinum before then. I'm working on him, but he's being stubborn.

Phlydude,

I was on the Voyager in June of 2004. We had a JS. When we got to the cabin, the robes were already there. We had priority embarkation and debarkation. No access to the concierge unless you are a Diamond level member of the C & A. The tips are higher for the cabin attendant when you occupy a js or higher cabin.

I hope you have a great cruise.

Annieeee

Maybe it varies by ship, but on our last 2 cruises in 2004, the recommended tip for JS was the same as for regular cabins - the GS & up had a higher tip for the cabin steward. It also differs with the robes - before we were Platinum, we got robes on Vision (Mexico), but not on Splendour (Med).

As for the priority embarkation, I think that your entire party can come with you, even if you are in different cabins. They don't want to break up families. If it's a group cruise of unrelated people, that would be different (I think).

We had a js on the Explorer of the seas last October. You get priority embarkation, double crown and anchor points, a bath tub, walk in closet.

No concierge , no disembarkation lounge, or priority excursion disembarkation.

Its a really nice suite we enjoyed it and would book one again.

Tillie 28_1_16.gif

I phoned RCI and asked them if a JS gets Consigiere on the Radiance. Answer is NO. I asked if Diamond with C & A entitles you to Consigiere NO. You have to be Platinum or GS and higher. Now I have asked my TA to check prices for GS on the Radiance for my sailing and cost.

You only live once...and Remember..if you live twice..you aren't going to remember anyway.:)

Archived