Rome pre cruise

Ferry Beach Kayaker

We arrived yesterday in Rome for 4 days pre cruise. The Holiday House bed and breakfast is a cute small B and B on Via Ottaviano located just around the corner from the Vatican and Saint Peter's in a safe area very close to a metro stop (ottaviano). We got our rooms for 77 euros per room a night The rooms are very clean with individual bathrooms. Breakfast is typical Italian - a sweet pastry, cappuccino and a small juice which is served on a tray in your room. The family that runs the Bed and Breakfast all very nice and very helpful with advice. There is free wii fi.Their website is http://www.holidayhouseroma.com. I don't know if this is typical for B and Bs here in Rome but you need to bring shampoo and bar soap.

We brought the Roma Pass for 25 euros at the Ottaviano Metro ticket office which gives us 3 days of train and buses and 2 attraction for no additional cost then others for 30% discount. The Roma pass allowed us to bypass 2 very long lines to get into the Collesulum and Forum. We spend the day at the Collesulum, The forum and Palatine Hill which are all considered one attraction for the Roma pass. We downloaded Rick Steves free podcasts on the 3 attarctions on our MP3 players (you can download them from his website) and listened to them as we toured,.

you are in Rome..I am home and its SNOWING in may

Yuk. Someone needs to move.

We live in So. Texas and had a gorgeous day....... in the boat, on the water......swim, bar-b-q.......

while that is nice.....I too would rather be in Rome. (Bil and Sil are finishing up a 11 day land trip there tomorrow)

its basically very very very north texas...oil country and we had warren moon in his prime..gods country even though it is still snowing

very very very hahahahahaha..........

We lived in Michigan for 2 years in the 90's.....while dh went to school.

When it snowed on Mothers Day I knew just how glad I was that we were only there for a short time.......... I loved the snow and cold.....but it was cold and snowy for too much of the year :eek: We still try to take a ski trip often as we love to go play in it.....then come home and get warm !

Archived