Difference in 2 dog sled & helicopter excursions?

acruisefan

Can someone tell me the difference between these 2 excursions?

I signed up for the 'Dog Sled Adventure by Helicopter '$549 on Princess on the Mendenhall glacier.

I was just looking over the excursions and found a slightly different one 'Dog Sledding by Helicopter' for $589.

The timing is the same, 2 hrs 45 min, but the description of the more expensive one sounds better (of course). It describes more scenery with the flight and has more description of being with the dogs.

I am worried about having chosen the wrong one. For that much money I don't want to miss something for an extra $40.

Does anyone know what the real difference between these two excursions?

Others can chime in but thru the cruise line the price difference reflects the difference between the two operators they use. Temsco and I think ERA offer this independent as well. The difference is also reflected in the direct booking price. Temsco, the higher priced one lands on Mendenhall, and the other company lands on an adjancent glacier I believe.

Ahhh I think you are right.... I went back and checked the descriptions, and only one mentions the Mendenhall Glacier..... I have listed the 2 exact descriptions below.

It is a different dog sled outfit then, or does the dog sleds operated by the same company on both glaciers?

Dog Sledding On The Mendenhall Glacier $589

Join one of the originators of helicopter glacier flightseeing and experience the thrill of dog sledding during this once-in-a-lifetime adventure.

HELICOPTER GLACIER FLIGHTSEEING

Fly over lush rainforest, deep blue crevasses and glacier-carved peaks on a spectacular flightseeing tour to a dog sled camp on the Mendenhall Glacier.

DOG SLEDDING

Hear tales of the renowned Iditarod race, then drive your team or relax in the sled and take in the awe-inspiring scenery. After your ride, visit with the mushers or take pictures with the nearly 300 dogs and puppies before your helicopter flight back to Juneau.

Dog Sled Adventure By Helicopter

Enjoy a thrilling combination of helicopter flightseeing and dog sledding on a spectacular glacier.

HELICOPTER FLIGHTSEEING

Your expert pilot flies over Juneau's massive ice field to view Alaska's unique glaciers. Land on Norris Glacier, where you meet top Iditarod race veteran mushers and their dogs.

DOG SLEDDING

Glide across the snowy terrain on a captivating dog sled ride. Resume your flight and sail over elegant ribbons of ice.

Archived