Just off the Legend

MLinFL

We just got off the Legend this morning. We were in aft-wrap cabin 4228 which was wonderful. If anyone has any questions about the ship, I'll try to answer.

Mary Lou

We just got off the Legend this morning. We were in aft-wrap cabin 4228 which was wonderful. If anyone has any questions about the ship, I'll try to answer.

Mary Lou

Hi Mary Lou-

I'm glad your cruise was great. We have the exact same room in 3 weeks. Three quick questions, fairly general as this is our first cruise:

1- What were your overall thoughts on the room?

2- Favorite foods on the ship (or even foods to avoid)?

3- Anything that you thought was a can't miss thing to do, either on the ship or at one of the stops?

Thank you in advance,

Brad

Mary Lou glad that you had a great cruise. My hubby and I are cruising on the legend (our first cruise) in September. We are in cabin 6277 which is an extended balcony. Is this a little bigger than a regular balcony? He is claustrophobic so was told this is bigger.

Any tips you can give would be great. We can't wait !

JB:p

Hi Mary Lou-

I'm glad your cruise was great. We have the exact same room in 3 weeks. Three quick questions, fairly general as this is our first cruise:

1- What were your overall thoughts on the room?

2- Favorite foods on the ship (or even foods to avoid)?

3- Anything that you thought was a can't miss thing to do, either on the ship or at one of the stops?

Thank you in advance,

Brad

Hi Brad -

The cabin was wonderful. Everything was in good working order - except for a few burned-out lights that we had fixed. The bathroom is quite large, with a full tub and a wonderful shower - also double sinks in the vanity. Our cabin steward, Roger, did a wonderful job of keeping everything nice and clean - even the balcony. Ahh - the balcony --- the very best part about this room.

As we had been to all of these ports before, we stayed on the ship the entire time. That is the main reason that we booked that cabin.

The food was quite good. The main dining room was actually better than I had expected. The only complaint I had in the main dining room would be the steak. Not very tender. However, we did eat one night in the "Golden Fleece" and that steak was MUCH better. My husband said that the shrimp dishes were all wonderful. And of course, my vote for the best dessert is the Chocolate Melting cake.

My recommendations of don't misses onboard: both Production Shows on the formal (elegant) nights and the Legends show on the last night. These were all great and most entertaining.

Enjoy your cruise!

Mary Lou

Glad you had a great trip. Are you going to post a review? We were on the Legend in Jan and had a blast.

I am not going to write a review. I will however, be glad to answer any question that I can. The reason that I am not going to write the review is because although this was a very nice cruise, it was not one of our favorites. We usually cruise on Princess or Celebrity and still prefer them. We thought we would try Carnival because we got such a good price on an aft-wrap balcony. We enjoyed the balcony, got a lot of relaxing and reading done, which was our goal. (Actually, my review would be quite boring, since we never got off the ship. :))

So - any questions I can answer, I will. There were quite a few folks from CC on the cruise. I am sure some of them will write reviews.

Mary Lou

Mary Lou glad that you had a great cruise. My hubby and I are cruising on the legend (our first cruise) in September. We are in cabin 6277 which is an extended balcony. Is this a little bigger than a regular balcony? He is claustrophobic so was told this is bigger.

I am afraid I can't answer your question about Cabin 6277. Our balcony - 4228 -which was an aft balcony that wrapped around to the side was very large. We had 2 sun loungers, 4 regular chairs and 2 small tables out there and still had plenty of walking around room. It was wonderful!

Mary Lou

Could you tell me what the railings are like on the upper decks around the pool area? Are kids able to climb on them? The reason I ask is because we went on the Inspiration two months ago and were surprised that they had those kind of railings. All of the other cruises we had been on had plexiglass or the kind a kid wouldn't be able to climb. This cruise we are taking our 2 year old, aka monkey boy and he is very fast!:eek: I have looked for pictures but haven't been able to zoom in enough to see what the rails are like. We just might have to stay away from the open decks. Thanks!

We had an extended balcony on the Miracle, a sister ship to the Legend. An extended balcony is about 2 foot wider than a regular balcony. I'll be in 6212 in January 2011, our second Legend cruise.

What category was your room in? I am trying to decide on the type of room to book, having never stayed in a balcony its tough to decide @ what category of room will we have the best view and balcony. Thanks in advance for any tips you can provide!

Mary Lou

I know you said you were not going to give a review but could you post some pics of your cabin? Also don't understand the catagories of cabins. I would love to try one of these wrap balconies, was yours a 8D or something like that?

Thanks so much for your time.

Thanks so much. Our room is a 9B category premium balcony. We were hoping that the room was a little bigger and the balcony would give him some "open air" feeling. Thanks so much for your reply. Have a great time on the Legend. Warm her up for us!

JB

Sorry, I didn't realize you're in a 9B. Your balcony should also be a couple of feet longer. We were in an 8K.

Mary Lou

I know you said you were not going to give a review but could you post some pics of your cabin? Also don't understand the catagories of cabins. I would love to try one of these wrap balconies, was yours a 8D or something like that?

I was on the Legend earlier this month. We had an aft wrap balcony. On that ship they are called vista suites.

Glad that you had a wonderful cruise! We went on the Legend in June, '07 and had a great time.

My only question is.......is the Maitre 'D still Yosef? "It's s-s-h-h-o-o-w-time!"!:)

Yussef was a riot! He was there back in August '09!

Glad that you had a wonderful cruise! We went on the Legend in June, '07 and had a great time.

My only question is.......is the Maitre 'D still Yosef? "It's s-s-h-h-o-o-w-time!"!:)

We were on the Legend 2 weeks ago. It was great.

The Maitre d' was Ken Byrne. He was great.

Those extended balcomoes on the side are doulble the depth as the regulaer ones. We had plenty of room.

This really isn't related to the thread per se, other than it involves the LEGEND.

Based on your initial post (just getting off the ship) and yearning to see the LEGEND sail, (we sail on her again in 47 days) my Wife and I drove down to Fort DeSoto (Pinellas County Park) and watched the Legend sail underneath the Sunshine Skyway Bridge and then head out to sea.

She crossed underneath around 6:10PM and was out of sight around 25 minutes later. We debated as to whether or not we should stay and see her return in 7-days and concluded the 47-days that we have to wait to be on deck would be a better overall experience. :rolleyes: ;)

Mary Lou

Hi -

Cabin 4228 is one of the Vista Suites. Here is a photo, keeping in mind that it also goes around the corner to the right:

1073100461_4228Balcony.jpg.2748e2cb669b3f0a70bcea52741de1ea.jpg

This really isn't related to the thread per se, other than it involves the LEGEND.

Based on your initial post (just getting off the ship) and yearning to see the LEGEND sail, (we sail on her again in 47 days) my Wife and I drove down to Fort DeSoto (Pinellas County Park) and watched the Legend sail underneath the Sunshine Skyway Bridge and then head out to sea.

She crossed underneath around 6:10PM and was out of sight around 25 minutes later. We debated as to whether or not we should stay and see her return in 7-days and concluded the 47-days that we have to wait to be on deck would be a better overall experience. :rolleyes: ;)

It's funny that you should say that. We will be sailing for the third time on the Legend in November. We needed a cruise fix so we drove into Tampa, out onto Davis island and watched her sail right by us! :D

Talk about a different perspective!

We've watched her sail under the Skyway from the North Pier. What a sight at night. :)

It's funny that you should say that. We will be sailing for the third time on the Legend in November. We needed a cruise fix so we drove into Tampa, out onto Davis island and watched her sail right by us! :D

Talk about a different perspective!

We've watched her sail under the Skyway from the North Pier. What a sight at night. :)

I guess we were not the only ones who needed a cruise fix - I like the North Pier idea!

What's even better is the next day (Mon. Memorial Day) we drove into Tampa as well for lunch at the Channelside Bennigan's just to watch the INSPIRATION get loaded and restocked to sail.

Archived