Thoughts on 5/22 Oasis cruise

That isn't at all what the person said. The person said that they don't understand the negative comments. Your comment is much closer to what you are accusing him of. You are certainly entitled to your opinion on such a subjective issue, but so are they.

I have to agree that I don't understand the negative comments. My previous experience with the Windjammer Cafe was all very positive. I will check it out next week on the Oasis.

So your experience has only been positive. Good for you. My experience in the WJ has usually been very good in the past. This past cruise the food left a lot to be desired. I have seen more complaints about the WJ on the Oasis more than any other dining venue on board. Not hard to understand at all. ;)

So your experience has only been positive. Good for you. My experience in the WJ has usually been very good in the past. This past cruise the food left a lot to be desired. I have seen more complaints about the WJ on the Oasis more than any other dining venue on board. Not hard to understand at all. ;)

We have a Crown Loft for our 9/11 cruise and we are SOOOOOOO looking forward to it :) My DH LOVED the food in the WJ on our Freedom cruises but then again, he will eat a sandwich from a gas station :D

I do see the complaints about the WJ, particularly abut the overcrowding. I am really hoping that it lives up to memory.

Food is definitely one of those areas where people have different opinions on what they like. I have loved the chance to try different things on the WJ buffet. A lot of it, I may not like, but getting the chance to try it is rewarding.

Cruisingator2,

The cast of the Oasis of Dreams show did change too. I saw it twice during our cruise and it was different both times. There were also a lot of rehersals during the cruise.

I´m also not impressed by the WJ on the Oasis. Less about the quality but the variety. Been on the Majesty the following week and they had a wider selection in the WJ there for lunch and dinner. I preferred the Solarium Bistro for breakfast and Park Café for lunch.

steamboats

Cruisingator2,

The cast of the Oasis of Dreams show did change too. I saw it twice during our cruise and it was different both times. There were also a lot of rehersals during the cruise.

I´m also not impressed by the WJ on the Oasis. Less about the quality but the variety. Been on the Majesty the following week and they had a wider selection in the WJ there for lunch and dinner. I preferred the Solarium Bistro for breakfast and Park Café for lunch.

steamboats

We were told that the Oasis of Dreams staff was the original but after seeing OOD five times on the first cruise, I knew that it wasn't the same cast. PLus it was easy to tell that they cut the number of performers from the first cast.

The WJ was pretty bad. I usually am very happy with the selections offered but I feel that since the Oasis has so many other options for dining, RCI has decided to cut back here. The quality reminded me of my old high school cafeteria and that's not a good thing.;) I will see if the WJ on the Freedom is still as good as it was a few years back. By the way, welcome home.:)

CruisingGator, I will agree with you 100% on the WJ. We just got off the Oasis yesterday, our 23rd cruise and we couldn't stomach the WJ food on this ship at all. Besides making this venue so much smaller than the Voyager or Freedom class ships, the food took such a downhill turn that my son called it the Griswald Vegas Vacation: "I'll have the blue slop".

We had two lunches and one breakfast in the WJ and never returned.

We have always loved the WJ for a complete and quick breakfast. On the Oasis we went to the dining room in order to get omlettes. It was fine, but took a full hour for service. There was no omlette station in the WJ and we were told it was due to the large number of people on board. 6600 on our cruise. In fact we were told that many times during the cruise when asking for routine things on other cruises, like a daily news sheet. Small item, but they all add up.

Once we became accustomed to the many new venues for dining we settled in and had a wonderful cruise.

Archived