Le Belvedere restaurant - Papeete

rberne1

Toni,

I thought you were going on the 20th. We will be there at the same time. I hope it is as wonderful as we are expecting.

rberne1,

You will be getting two reviews for the price of one. When we get back, we will be doing a full review of the cruise and will hopefully have some pictures of and from Le Belvedere to share.

Hello

We did this last March and they picked us up at the hotel (Sheraton) and took us back a couple of hours later.The food was good, service was good and the view was amazing.We had the hotel book this for us and remember they have two seatings one around 6 and the other around 8pm.The ride up the mountain is a bit interesting but that was half the fun.

Thank you so much for answering! That's what I was looking for ... someone who's been there, done that and lived to tell about it. :p Not trying to be funny it's just that last time we were there we tried the Roulettes and were sick for 2 days after. :mad: Not fun!

Thanx again! :)

• 3 weeks later...

We did it two weeks ago on Thursday and loved it. It definitely was quite an experience. I recommend the 4 pm pickup versus the 7 pm pickup (which we did due to our schedule and we were back at our hotel shortly after 10 pm) or else the lunch seating if it is offered. A yellow truck-bus or a blue mini van will pick you up and take you on the single lane long windy road up to the restaurant. There are 70 hairpin turns and it is a bumpy dirt road. It was more interesting for us as it was raining and a little slippery. The dinner is about 55,000 pp for the tourist menu (salad, fondue-beef or fish, french fries, coffee, wine, and ice cream). It turned out to be about $125 for the two of us when I received my credit card bill. We had beef and they gave us a huge platter of raw beef chunks and our own fondue pot of hot oil to cook our meet in. The food wasn't anything special, but the experience was fun. The ride home in the yellow bus was interesting as we ran into 3 vehicles trying to go up as we were trying to go down on the one lane road. If you go in the daytime, you should have a great view of the port and the town of Papeete. At night, we could see all the lights. If you go at lunch, they do have a slide into a pool if you want to take a dip, but I'm not sure how many people really do that. It was a little cool up on the top of the mountain (1800 feet) and very wet, so no swimming for us.

Thanks for the info. We had hoped to go to Le Belvedere prior to catching our plane, but I don't think we will have enough time. We are supposed to check out of our room in Moorea by 11:00 a.m. and our plane doesn't leave until 10:00 p.m. so we are looking for ideas on what to do during that time.

Nancy

• 2 weeks later...

We went to the Le Belvedere on 2/19. I agree with Jody's review. We had arranged our reservation through our hotel prior to leaving the states. They picked us up at 4:30pm. It was a crazy ride - we were amazed at all the people walking and riding bikes up the same hill.

We had an enjoyable dinner. We also had the beef fondue. It was more than enough food and very good quality meat. We also had a nice size caraf of wine to share.

It was pretty foggy when we got up to the top - no view. The woman up there assured us it would clear out - she was right. We ended up with a beatiful view of the city below, the docks, Moorea, and the lights at night! It was well worth it!

Enjoy -

• 2 months later...

To go to the Belvedere restaurant, is it necessary to make the reservations with the hotel before we leave the U.S.? or is it possible to just make a reservation when we check into the hotel. We will be staying the IC Beachcomber and we are just booking this thru Princess, so will not have any direct contact with the hotel prior to arrival. If anyone has suggestions as to the best way to handle this, I would appreciate the info.

Also, we are only booking two nights pre cruise at the IC with Princess. The first night we will arrive late and will probably not even eat dinner. I am thinking about doing the Belvedere for our second night there. This will be our only dinner on tahiti before getting on to the Tahitian Princess. If you only had the one everning on the island before the cruise, would you spend it going to the Belvedere, or is there some other better not to be missed place we should go.

Would love to hear any feedback on this.

Thanks,

Jackie

jackiealu@aol.com

We loved our visit to Le Belvedere. We have pictures of Le Belvedere in our review. The view is incredible and the food was quite good. We made our reservations through the IC Beachcomber, where we stayed on our own. I am sure they will make your reservations if you are going through Princess. The ICB provides great service. The Beachcomber said to make the reservations within a month of your visit, no earlier.

We made our reservation at the hotel, once we arrived. We booked 2 nights prior. We went during the 'off' season (Feb) and the place was mostly empty. I'm not sure if it's busier at different times of the year, but I'm guessing you can probably make a same day reservation or at least do it as soon as you arrive and you'll be fine. That is, unless someone knows differently.

Since we were going on a Saturday night, we didn't want to take any chances plus there were 8 of us going. It was also in February and it had been raining some and we had the same experience with it being pretty empty. In season, it could be more crowded. I hope it is for their sake.

Archived