Does rccl ever have a sale on 3rd passenger rates?

From what I've seen they have, but it's not a major or prominent one, just something they do at times. Sailings may have price falls without a sale as well.

Others may have more details or correct me though.

Yes! Two weeks after my original booking, there was a $200 price drop on our third passenger rate (and $50 on passengers 1 & 2). When I called my TA, I received a $300 refund! :)

It greatly depends upon time of year....if it's a busy family time (spring break, summer....whenever kids are off from school) they will usually be asking top $ for 3rd and 4th....during slower times you may find some deals.....the Freedom 11/28 Freedom 4 night sailing currently has a $149 rate on 3rd and 4th....thats a GREAT deal for Royal on a Freedom class ship.

It's been a very long time since I've seen 3/4 rates at $99 or $199. Once in a while, for low-season sailings, the rates go down to about $399 but even that's rare. More recently, the 3/4 rate is almost as much as the 1/2 rate, so it is worth it to us to get the kids there own cabin. In fact, by downgrading our D1 quad to a D3 or E category and getting the kids an inside or promenade across the hall cost LESS than squeezing all 4 of us into the D1.

I had never seen great deals, but recently there was a Family special and it included some sailings for this summer.

We're a group of 11 and originally we were going to book 3 separate rooms on 8/1 Liberty of the Seas, but then this special came out and we changed our reservation to the 8/15 sailing because the special was available for that sailing.

We ended up booking a Royal Family Suite because passengers 3-8 were just $200 (plus taxes,etc). We were very lucky to also get the joining balcony and that room also had the 3rd passenger rate for $200. The total for the RFS + connecting E1 balcony came to $9433 (including taxes, port charges,etc). Prior to the special, our total was around the $11,000 mark and that was for 3 Oceanview rooms. I think it's an amazing deal for a summer cruise!

It's also worth noting that right now, on that same sailing, the rate for a 3rd passenger in a Grand Suite is $350. All other 3rd passenger rates for that sail date are high.

Lesson learned - look around at various ships, sailings and categories. I would have never considered booking the RFS, and called more for curiosity, than anything else. I was shocked that they had 1 available and the rate was applicable.

I had never seen great deals, but recently there was a Family special and it included some sailings for this summer.

We're a group of 11 and originally we were going to book 3 separate rooms on 8/1 Liberty of the Seas, but then this special came out and we changed our reservation to the 8/15 sailing because the special was available for that sailing.

We ended up booking a Royal Family Suite because passengers 3-8 were just $200 (plus taxes,etc). We were very lucky to also get the joining balcony and that room also had the 3rd passenger rate for $200. The total for the RFS + connecting E1 balcony came to $9433 (including taxes, port charges,etc). Prior to the special, our total was around the $11,000 mark and that was for 3 Oceanview rooms. I think it's an amazing deal for a summer cruise!

It's also worth noting that right now, on that same sailing, the rate for a 3rd passenger in a Grand Suite is $350. All other 3rd passenger rates for that sail date are high.

Lesson learned - look around at various ships, sailings and categories. I would have never considered booking the RFS, and called more for curiosity, than anything else. I was shocked that they had 1 available and the rate was applicable.

Wow - that's quite a deal. Have an awesome cruise!!!

Archived