Cartagena site seeing - help

Presto2

Hi

Cartegena is one of out first ports of call on our cruise in August. We have had a look at the excursions for all other ports of call, but are really struggling to be 'inspired' at this port. We would appreciate any thoughts about what we should do ! At this rate we will be staying on the ship !

:)

We have only visited Cartagena once. We wandered into the town and did some shopping. If I recall, there was a nice promenade, and the shops were very reasonable.

Hi, is it an easy walk / stroll or miles ? Is there anything other than shops?

Thanks for any help

We too have fmaily in the region. As others have said it's a nice town and a good place to have a stroll. The the port has been redeveloped and there are lots of cafes/bars, and the town has a large El Corte Ingles Department Store and there are lots of other shops such as Zara. Try an asiatico coffee (small strong licquor coffee made with condensed milk - it is a speciality of the region).

If you want the beach you could get a cab to Mazarron of Los Alcazares but they are both 30-40 mins away.

Cartegena was the first call on a Med cruise I did last year, no shuttle bus required, the ship docks as near to the town as you could ever get.

It is a small town which I walked around and then on the way back discovered the back exit to a Roman amphitheatre and museum. The main entrance to this is a small door opposite the town hall on the way into the town, many people were missing this and has to be looked for. If you like that sort of thing it's worth a visit.

Cartegena was the first call on a Med cruise I did last year, no shuttle bus required, the ship docks as near to the town as you could ever get.

It is a small town which I walked around and then on the way back discovered the back exit to a Roman amphitheatre and museum. The main entrance to this is a small door opposite the town hall on the way into the town, many people were missing this and has to be looked for. If you like that sort of thing it's worth a visit.

Fab - just up our street - that's us sorted for the day !

Thank you everyone

Archived