Best way to use Fun Points

w8ing2cruz

So we got our card a couple of months ago. Since then have put our last cruise S&S balance on it and also a deposit for a future cruise. I've got 15,000 points at this point - should I 'redeem' them for our current charges or apply them towards an OBC on the upcoming cruise? Thanks for any and all advice you can give me.

I'll be using our points towards OBC for our upcoming cruise is a few. I've been accumulating points for over a year for this sole purpose. I suppose you'd have to see how much OBC you get for 15k points (50.00?). Will the same amount of points get you the same dollar amount (again, 50.00), or will it yield more if you use it to apply towards your balance? In that case, I'd probably apply towards my balance.

As I understand the program, you get more bang for your points if you redeem for full or partial statement credit of a qualifying Carnival purchase.

As an example, use your card for your Sail and Sign purchases - (get double points for that charge) - and then redeem points for statement credit. That way, 10,000 points will get you $100 statement credit plus earn 200 more points rather than using 12,500 points for $100 obc.

As I understand the program, you get more bang for your points if you redeem for full or partial statement credit of a qualifying Carnival purchase.

As an example, use your card for your Sail and Sign purchases - (get double points for that charge) - and then redeem points for statement credit. That way, 10,000 points will get you $100 statement credit plus earn 200 more points rather than using 12,500 points for $100 obc.

I completely agree with this and here is why. I just finished paying off my next cruise and thought I would use my 89,000 point to get 890 off but when I when to the site I got almost a 1300 payment for only 80,000. Now to me that is one hell of a deal.

I completely agree with this and here is why. I just finished paying off my next cruise and thought I would use my 89,000 point to get 890 off but when I when to the site I got almost a 1300 payment for only 80,000. Now to me that is one hell of a deal.

Can you tell me the web site and put a link here on the page.

I find that the more you have spent per transaction, the more your points are worth. I bought three cruises for October. One was a balcony, so if I choose that transaction for my points redemption, it gets me more credit than if I choose an inside room booking. Wish I had paid for all three cruises in one transaction, then my points would probably be worth alot more.

it does get rather ???? i have kept a cheat sheet with notes different people have posted about redeeming points. example one person stated they used 113,000 points and it paid for a 1990. cruise , while another used 23,810 points to get a 250.00 OBC, then just recently someone use 38,000 for a 380.00 credit. so doing the math it is WAY OFF. 380.00x 5=1900.00 (38,000 points x 5=190,000points) vs. the 113,000 points it took someone to spend 1990.00

guess we just rack um up and see what we get.

Did anyone else recently open a carnival credit card with Barkley? We did a couple of weeks ago. I know the brochure said we could get so many fun points with first use of the credit card. We have used the credit card but haven't gotten the bonus fun points- only what we have earned from purchases. Did anyone else recently open one and remember how many bonus we should be getting?

On our recent cruise on Triumph we bought a "future cruise certificate" for $100 with our Carnival credit card. Got "double" credit for it on the card.....came home and used points to pay the $100 charge. So basically the future cruise certificate was free.

Did anyone else recently open a carnival credit card with Barkley? We did a couple of weeks ago. I know the brochure said we could get so many fun points with first use of the credit card. We have used the credit card but haven't gotten the bonus fun points- only what we have earned from purchases. Did anyone else recently open one and remember how many bonus we should be getting?

we got 5,000 bonus points for first use. we got the card just before our last cruise (april 19th cruise) so we paid our sign and sail bill with it and i am now using it for every purchase i make. i use to use a debit card. our first statement had over 7,000 points. if i was smart i would go back and have all my monthly bills that come out by debit card put on this credit card. i will see how i come out. i use to use discover and those points rack up nicely.

we got 5,000 bonus points for first use. we got the card just before our last cruise (april 19th cruise) so we paid our sign and sail bill with it and i am now using it for every purchase i make. i use to use a debit card. our first statement had over 7,000 points. if i was smart i would go back and have all my monthly bills that come out by debit card put on this credit card. i will see how i come out. i use to use discover and those points rack up nicely.

For our cruise to Western Carribean we just booked, which will be free due to credits, it cost us 160,000 and change points..........($1,600 and change dollars)....That took us about 5 years........

Archived