Anniversary Gift for First Time HAL Cruiser

Marytutor

Our son and DIL have given us a Mexican Riviera Cruise out of San Diego for February 2011.

We have cruised Celebrity many times and have been told that we will like HAL. We have had CC or 1A mid to aft cabins on Celebrity.

Since we have not cruised HAL, we have no idea what to consider.

We do not want to be located accross for service areas or something like that. We like cabins above and below us.

They and their to be 22 month old will also be on this cruise.

Thank you for any information you can give on this and any other useful information.

Mary

Go to the Holland America website and look at the deck plans for the ship you'll be on. Then choose a general location you think you'll like. Give that info to your travel agent so they can get you a cabin in that area. I'm with you ... I like staterooms above and below.

What a great anniversary gift! We thoroughly enjoy HAL, and I'm sure you will, too. You'll be on either the Zaandam or Oosterdam. Both are fine ships, with the Oosterdam being a bit larger than the Zaandam.

Good luck.

JHannah,

Thank you for your reply. It is the Oosterdam.

Krazy Kruzers, Thanks, I have looked at those decks. What they told me was that it would be what we are used to so I am not sure with the prices and differences. They told me to do the research since son has never cruised and DIL only has cruised once and that was when she was single and went with friends. They told me to do the research since they are in the process of moving to SD soon and are busy with that.

I am not sure what all the enclosed spaces are on some of the deck plans.

Mary

Archived