what happens to you if you do 2 cruises together

Hi we are booked on R015 Aurora to the Eastern Med. Now we have noticed that the cruise before that R014 is a 2 day party cruise. Toying with the idea of going on that one as well:confused:. I know it will be a different sort of person on the 2 cruises...;) I don't think we would go in the same grade of cabin for both ones, so what happens to us on disembarkation/embarkation day. I know we would have to get out of the cabin we had for the 2 day, but do we have to pack our cases-enough clothing for an 18 day cruise -take it ashore,just for it to be taken back on board again to our new cabin? And what about us as people..do they set us adrift in Southampton? Finally do the prices drop much on the 2 day cruises?

Hi there, never done a weekend cruise so can't help you there with pricing.

As for moving cabins at the end of cruise 1, no problem, you'll have to get your valuables out of the safe and the rest is done by your steward and his asst. All the drawers in the cabin are intershangable by design and the clothes in the wardrobe are moved on a clothing rack like the ones in the department stores. You'll be given your new cruise card on your last night of the first cruise and you'll be able to do what you like on departure day. Either stay on the ship or go ashore. You wont have to go through the embarkation procedure again.

Jimmy

It would be easier if you could book the same cabin for both cruises if possible, and there is not much difference in price on a 2n cruise between a inside cabin and balcony ? Unless you have a suite ofcourse on your main cruise. On the last weekender I did a inside was £199 and balcony £239 so for the difference of £4Opp it could be worth trying to get the same cabin.

There is a blog on pando site from a friend of mine on Arcadia who is doing a 3n cruise followed by a 14n med cruise, and he talks of the changeover and what he did in Southampton on changeover day, I'll try and find the link to the blog for you.

Libralass as per normal you come up trumps and Haggis thank you for your answer,just the info i was looking for. Still thinking about it....may leave it until a bit nearer the time.Problem is this is soooo addictive. Had a balcony on Artemis last time, just the once you understand,it was a special anniversary..we'll only do it the once, then suddenly here we are on another balcony....

Libralass as per normal you come up trumps and Haggis thank you for your answer,just the info i was looking for. Still thinking about it....may leave it until a bit nearer the time.Problem is this is soooo addictive. Had a balcony on Artemis last time, just the once you understand,it was a special anniversary..we'll only do it the once, then suddenly here we are on another balcony....

We tried to get the same cabin on back to back cruises for November but not able to, so if you can ask early!:)

Thanks English Lady.

I booked a back2back last year - two x 7night cruises, one to Norway and one to Dublin/Bilbo, but I did book in April as soon as cruises released for following year and was able to get the same balcony cabin for both cruises, you also get a extra discount for booking back 2 backs, can't remember now if it was 5 or 10%.

Archived