Miracle handicap Cabin 4207 - Images?

amy2313

Any chance anyone has pictures of the Carnival Miracle fully handicap accessible cabin #4207??

Friends just booked this cabin b/c they needed they fully accessible features of it and Carnival was not able to provide any pictures or even a diagram of the layout. I offered to ask on CruiseCritic if anyone had photos they could share??

We got off the Miracle a week and a half ago and had room 4203, which is a HC accessible cabin and I believe the same layout as the one that your friends are booked in. My sister has pictures of it... Maybe I can steal them from her or get her to post them on this thread.

We regularly book HC cabins for my grandmother and this one was by far the largest she has had... Lots of floor space. It was much easier to manuver a wheelchair in this room than others we've been in. There's a window and the beds are set up against this wall. Any other questions let me know, in the meantime I'm going to see what I can do about those pictures.

We got off the Miracle a week and a half ago and had room 4203, which is a HC accessible cabin and I believe the same layout as the one that your friends are booked in. My sister has pictures of it... Maybe I can steal them from her or get her to post them on this thread.

We regularly book HC cabins for my grandmother and this one was by far the largest she has had... Lots of floor space. It was much easier to manuver a wheelchair in this room than others we've been in. There's a window and the beds are set up against this wall. Any other questions let me know, in the meantime I'm going to see what I can do about those pictures.

Seeing those pictures would be great!!

How big would you say the bathroom is compared to a normal cabin size bathroom?

Does the room still have the couch?

I stayed in 4207 on the Carnival Pride, which would be the same layout. I have pics but will have to figure out how I can show them to you. There was no couch but it did have a table and 2 chairs and a window with an obstructed view. The cabin was huge, in comparison to a regular one. I use a mobility scooter and was able to easily move about with it. I was also able to do a complete turn with it. The bathroom is much bigger than a regular one. I am able to walk some so I would walk into the bathroom without any problems. The cabin door automatically opens after you put your card in which is great for someone in a wheelchair or on a scooter. Hope this helps!

I stayed in 4207 on the Carnival Pride, which would be the same layout. I have pics but will have to figure out how I can show them to you. There was no couch but it did have a table and 2 chairs and a window with an obstructed view. The cabin was huge, in comparison to a regular one. I use a mobility scooter and was able to easily move about with it. I was also able to do a complete turn with it. The bathroom is much bigger than a regular one. I am able to walk some so I would walk into the bathroom without any problems. The cabin door automatically opens after you put your card in which is great for someone in a wheelchair or on a scooter. Hope this helps!

That definitely helps!! The friend that is traveling is bringing someone confined to a wheelchair so they just want to be sure there will be enough space both in the cabin and in the bathroom area.

One more question though... 4207, they were told this was an obstructed view cabin but that it had french doors that opened (no balcony, just doors that opened to a railing). I personally have been on the Legend and stayed on the obstructed view floor with the doors so i was trying to explain how it worked, but from your explanation and pictures, you had a window??

I was in 4207 - on the Miracle - great room!!! (got it as a last minute booking - guess no one needed a handicapped cabin?).

I definitely have pics of the cabin but can't access them here from work - will try and post them tonight when I get home! You will love the cabin - automatic door, semi-decent view - altho a bit obstructed you still get lots of light - and the bathroom is huge! No french doors - not sure why they would tell you that? (but not the 1st time carnival staff don't know what a cabin really looks like! I remember arguing with a supervisor about the 2 windows in the 1A 'inside' cabins - 2462, 2465 - he finally found some pics and was dumbfounded that I was right :D)

Okay - finally home and time to 'relax' a bit - here are the pics of cabin 4207 I promised:

Looking at back 'wall' when entering:

2424540940059010061S600x600Q85.jpg

Bed area:

2170310280059010061S600x600Q85.jpg

Small 'sitting' area/corner to the far right - this is your obstructed view 'window'

2626412890059010061S600x600Q85.jpg

Obstructed 'view' (it was much better when out at sea!)

2412411550059010061S600x600Q85.jpg

Very large bathroom:

2841879550059010061S600x600Q85.jpg

Huge shower area: (completely flat for easy entry and fold up 'seat')

2798679060059010061S600x600Q85.jpg

Hope this helps - I'm sure you will love this cabin!

Edited by Froufie

Okay - finally home and time to 'relax' a bit - here are the pics of cabin 4207 I promised:

Looking at back 'wall' when entering:

2424540940059010061S600x600Q85.jpg

Bed area:

2170310280059010061S600x600Q85.jpg

Small 'sitting' area/corner to the far right - this is your obstructed view 'window'

2626412890059010061S600x600Q85.jpg

Obstructed 'view' (it was much better when out at sea!)

2412411550059010061S600x600Q85.jpg

Very large bathroom:

2841879550059010061S600x600Q85.jpg

Huge shower area: (completely flat for easy entry and fold up 'seat')

2798679060059010061S600x600Q85.jpg

Hope this helps - I'm sure you will love this cabin!

THANK YOU!!! It all definitely helps to see how the cabin is situated.

• 8 years later...
On 6/3/2010 at 9:53 AM, Froufie said:

I was in 4207 - on the Miracle - great room!!! (got it as a last minute booking - guess no one needed a handicapped cabin?).

I definitely have pics of the cabin but can't access them here from work - will try and post them tonight when I get home! You will love the cabin - automatic door, semi-decent view - altho a bit obstructed you still get lots of light - and the bathroom is huge! No french doors - not sure why they would tell you that? (but not the 1st time carnival staff don't know what a cabin really looks like! I remember arguing with a supervisor about the 2 windows in the 1A 'inside' cabins - 2462, 2465 - he finally found some pics and was dumbfounded that I was right :D)

I hate to bring up an old thread, but...... Can any of you tell me if the window in 4207 opens? Any help is appreciated.