Jan Thiel

gdpups

Does anyone have info about Jan Thiel beach?? Price to get in, cost for taxi, etc.??

There is an excursion there with a cat sail lesson, but I'm looking at the option of going on our own and booking it ourselves. Any info would be appreciated!

We went there a couple of years ago. Seems like it was $25 each way for the cab - we asked the driver to return at a particular time and paid her then. She was right on time. This beach is a bit "out of the way" but we liked it. Can't remember exactly how the chair/umbrella were but it wasn't outrageous. We had lunch in the little restaurant there before we went back and it was good and not overly expensive, either.

Sorry I can't be more specific than that....

we went there a couple of years ago. Seems like it was $25 each way for the cab - we asked the driver to return at a particular time and paid her then. She was right on time. This beach is a bit "out of the way" but we liked it. Can't remember exactly how the chair/umbrella were but it wasn't outrageous. We had lunch in the little restaurant there before we went back and it was good and not overly expensive, either.

Sorry i can't be more specific than that....

great beach area. Quiet. I saw 2 blue rays while diving there. Look them up on-line as they have a blue hole that is pretty cool...nothing like belize, but very pretty. They also have nice "water park" pool area for kids, if you have any kids! They have lots of chairs, some natural shade with trees, and they have umbrellas. Not too expense. No charge to get on beach, i believe....they charge you to park !!! It is a little out of the way with construction and such, but well worth the trip. One of the restaurants makes great pizza. Nothing is really that far in curacao as the island is only about 60 miles long and not much of it is inhabited..........yet. They are making progress.......slowly, but that is how they live down there.

• 4 weeks later...

Just got back and wanted to post the prices. Cab fare from the ship was $30 each way. Admission was $3 each and we were charged about $3 for each lounge chair.

I originally booked the cat sailing through RCL, but looked the info up online and booked directly, which ended up being a much better deal. Through the ship you got 1 hour group cat sail for $99, plus several hours at Jan Thiel & transportation. There ended up being 3-4 people on each cat sailing.

By booking directly my husband had a 1 1/2 hour PRIVATE sailing where he was able to sail the thing himself and the price was only $60. A 2 1/2 session would have been $90. We did have to pay transportation costs, but I enjoyed the day at the beach.

My husband loved the experience and wants to do it again when we're there again next year.

• 1 month later...

Archived