Does Carnival have an annual sale like Royal or Norweigen?

ecualumni06

Nope, no sale with reduced deposits ...though it sounds like a good idea??

Im thinking what with early saver rates, and the nonrefundable deposits, they dont want to reduce deposits ...(though there are a lot of official CC cruises with $25 pp deposits on Carnival)

I have yet to understand the excitement of a reduced cruise deposit being an attention getter or to encourage bookings..... It's the bottom line that I watch for regarding promotions or sales ! :rolleyes:

Many, pay on their cruises weekly and monthly, so a lower deposit might help with that type of cruiser, that doesnt have a $1000deposit for their family of 4, but can swing $500.

Many, pay on their cruises weekly and monthly, so a lower deposit might help with that type of cruiser, that doesnt have a $1000deposit for their family of 4, but can swing $500.

Point taken, but in the end, if one saves for a cruise (or the deposit) does it really matter ? I merely made a statement regarding the bottom line being the real decision maker to purchase or not, for me, and I do have a family of 4, but just budget and save for all future cruises/deposits. And if it was to encourage more bookings, more cruiselines would offer this type of reduced deposit promo :eek:... but I surely don't see many trying this marketing tactic occuring on many cruiselines much less on a regular basis... Hmmmmm wonder why ? Perhaps because it does not generate too many more new bookings ??? :confused:

Point taken, but in the end, if one saves for a cruise (or the deposit) does it really matter ? I merely made a statement regarding the bottom line being the real decision maker to purchase or not, for me, and I do have a family of 4, but just budget and save for all future cruises/deposits. And if it was to encourage more bookings, more cruiselines would offer this type of reduced deposit promo :eek:... but I surely don't see many trying this marketing tactic occuring on many cruiselines much less on a regular basis... Hmmmmm wonder why ? Perhaps because it does not generate too many more new bookings ??? :confused:

You should have been over on the Royal board during the WOW (reduced deposit/OBC) sale, they had to be over 30 threads. Its a pretty big promotion for Royal.

As was mentioned, many book the CC groups cruises due to the $25 deposit.

I dont think its going to always draw a huge number of bookings, but it will attract some that might have been in the financial position to book with the full deposit, which is what many of the posters mentioned was the reason they booked during the WOW sale last month.

You should have been over on the Royal board during the WOW (reduced deposit/OBC) sale, they had to be over 30 threads. Its a pretty big promotion for Royal.

I dont think its going to always draw a huge number of bookings, but it will attract some that might have been in the financial position to book with the full deposit, which is what many of the posters mentioned was the reason they booked during the WOW sale last month.

OK... well it makes no difference to me... full deposit, partial or whatever... just give me a good bottom line and I am ready to book !

Can you elaborate more about the WOW sale and what it entilted? I would love to go on the Freedom of the seas just haven't decided yet

OK... well it makes no difference to me... full deposit, partial or whatever... just give me a good bottom line and I am ready to book !

Well I think it makes a difference to some people. Other people its no big deal. I on the other hand was happy to take advantage of the WOW sale. I booked 4 cruises over the next 1 1/2 years and instead of having to put down $2K, I only had to put down $1K. It's very helpful because who wants to pay on something a 1 1/2 year early?

I have yet to understand the excitement of a reduced cruise deposit being an attention getter or to encourage bookings..... It's the bottom line that I watch for regarding promotions or sales ! :rolleyes:

It's kind of like getting that "free upgrade" that gives you the exact same cabin in a different location. Sounds like a big deal, but is really much ado about nothing. More of a marketing gimmick to make you think you're getting something extra than anything else....

Does Carnival do promos on the 3rd & 4th passengers like some of the other lines do? Our last cruise on NCL we got the 3rd & 4th passengers for $99 each.

Although CCL offers a reduced fare for 3d and 4th passenger... I haven't seen it that low for quite sometime.

Does Carnival do promos on the 3rd & 4th passengers like some of the other lines do? Our last cruise on NCL we got the 3rd & 4th passengers for $99 each.

if anything, 3/4 rates go up even when 1/2 pax goes down as the cruise grows closer and those cabins that hold more book up.

I suspect Carnival doesnt have problems getting families to book.

Since Carnival routinely sails at 100% to 105% of occupancy, and other lines do not. Carnival WILL not have the deep discounts other lines have.

Yes. They have their "Once in a Lifetime, Biggest Ever, You Must be Crazy Not to Book Today, Pay More than Normal, Get an Upgrade that's not Really Free" Annual Sale about once a month...:rolleyes:

While the bottom line what I'm looking at as well, a lower deposit will allow me to book several cruises for the next year to 1 1/2. Our family of 4 is $1000 deposit each cruise. $3000 deposits for the next three cruises I want isn't something I want to put down at once. But if it's 50% less, I would definitely book them now!

Archived