Solstice cabana/pool questions, please.

bighairtexan

I have two (and a half) questions about the pool areas on the Solstice.

1) We are going in October, West. Caribb. Based on your experiences, how difficult is it to get a pool chair if you're not an "up at the crack of dawn" person? Noon is more like my dawn.

2) Can you reserve/rent a cabana as you can at various hotels?

If so, how and how much?

Thanks very much in advance for your answers. :cool:

I have two (and a half) questions about the pool areas on the Solstice.

1) We are going in October, West. Caribb. Based on your experiences, how difficult is it to get a pool chair if you're not an "up at the crack of dawn" person? Noon is more like my dawn.

2) Can you reserve/rent a cabana as you can at various hotels?

If so, how and how much?

Thanks very much in advance for your answers. :cool:

I was on the Solstice Western Caribbean May 23.. On sea days, I arrived at the pool around 8am both mornings (and yes, I stayed there, just didn't drop my book and leave for 2 hours). I enjoy the early time and quietness of the pool at that time.

I would say if its important to you to have a lounger in the immediate area of the pool, you will need to claim your spot by 9:30am-10am. If you don't care if your lounger is near the pool, you can arrive later. But by noon.. it is slim pickings unless you can catch someone leaving. I watched a lot of people meandering around looking for chairs near the pool without much luck.

On port days, you don't need to arrive so early.

I'm not sure what cabanas you are referring to unless you are talking about this larger loungers that have the privacy panels on either side, if so, those are also first come, first serve.

908332486_CruiseMay2010293.jpg.fd018ada54f8da315ecdb4b98501ec19.jpg

Dawn, thanks for the answers. I guess that's another reason not to sleep until noon!

As for the cabanas, they talk about cabanas that look like beds for 2 w/ pillows surrounded by drapes hanging down. Everything is in white. I've seen pictures of them on other people's vacation pics, but not sure I ever saw them on the X website.

Did ya just love the Solstice?

Dawn, thanks for the answers. I guess that's another reason not to sleep until noon!

As for the cabanas, they talk about cabanas that look like beds for 2 w/ pillows surrounded by drapes hanging down. Everything is in white. I've seen pictures of them on other people's vacation pics, but not sure I ever saw them on the X website.

Did ya just love the Solstice?

Do what I do.. go back to sleep! LOL.. I am not an early riser either, but I do love a lounger near the pool.. small sacrifice for a good location.

Now I know what you are talking about. There are not many of these, maybe 4? I didn't see any signage or anything in the dailies that indicated they could be reserved or rented. They are located in the corners of the pool area, near the windows. I don't think I have any photos of those.

LOVED Solstice, I've being having withdrawals all week and I'm planning my next cruise already.. on Solstice again!

If you have any other questions, ask away!

Yes those are what I mean. I guess they're first come first cabana'd. The ladies in our thread were hoping for a cabana equipped w/a cabana boy. ;-)

Did you do a drink package? I usually don't, but that premium package, though pricey, still dwarfs my usual bar bill. (I only drink on cruises so I have lots of lost time to make up for).

The best recommendation for the ship is that you're going back on her ASAP! Thans once again for the quick info. You're a doll.

No problem, happy to help! :):)

I was VERY tempted to do the drink package, especially after day one when I consumed about 6 beverages before sailaway! (and you could still purchase) But since this cruise was one I took with my Mom, I didn't think I would be drinking all that much.. boy was I wrong!! I did slow down some in the middle of the week, because as you know, they start to add up.. Its just too easy to get carried away. Without a doubt, next time I will get one, despite who I am traveling with! I think it is well worth it. Be sure to try the Coco Loco that they sell in the coconut.. Sooooo yummy!

The cabanas are not very comfortable. They are so tight on the sides you have to climb up them from the bottom. And when one is open, people rush over to them only to leave in 30 minutes.

Ah, thanks for all the info. You guys/gals are the best!

**crossing cabana rental (and cabana boy) off my list**

It can help to know if you want to be in the sun or in the shade. For the most part its one or the other with them. And I agree, they are not that comfortable but they are definitely fun so if you can spend a little time on one go for it!

Here's a photo I took of the cabana.

That's exactly what I was talking about. They do look comfy but awkward to get into as someone mentioned. Heck I get up so late, if they aren't "reservable and rentable" I'll never get one anyway.

Archived