ES Price Adjust - Will New Price Show or only Credit?

LynneL

If somes received a credit for an ES price reduction (military became lower than what was paid), should the new invoice show the new price or do you normally only just see a line that reads "you have a $xxx on board credit."? The adjustment was made on friends' cabin traveling with me that I booked for them. I see on the adjusted invoice for a traveling partner, it only has a statement from my travel agency (membership type store), not the new price showing. I contacted Carnival to get the same pricing on my cabin & they say that the other party in my group doesn't show a price adjust on their rate. So, does that party have the new pricing? Why would it show the credit statement if they don't?

I am also having an issue because I booked 3 cabins (2 exactly the same - 1 different cat.). I put in for military discount for one (the friends') since that recently came up cheaper than what we paid. In May they have an offer that military can get 2 add'l cabins at the military rate. So when I put in for the rate, I put in for all 3 of our cabins..

Carnival told my agency the other 2 cabins are not eligible, claiming those categories are not eligible. At that point, my agency took that as the word & didn't dispute the fact that the one cabin exactly the same cat & right next door to the one that got the on-board credit. So that makes the last issue...

I again tried to put in a ES rate adjust myself thru Carnival's website for getting the May military friends & family rate for my cabin. Carnival e-mailed me saying I can't put in for this price adjust myself since I booked thru an agency. I replied telling them of my situation. I can understand if you want an agency's help, but I'm banned from doing something myself? They said correct. So basically if your travel agency doesn't follow up on something you're not allowed to do so yourself? Anyone have this kind of issue?

If somes received a credit for an ES price reduction (military became lower than what was paid), should the new invoice show the new price or do you normally only just see a line that reads "you have a $xxx on board credit."? The adjustment was made on friends' cabin traveling with me that I booked for them. I see on the adjusted invoice for a traveling partner, it only has a statement from my travel agency (membership type store), not the new price showing. I contacted Carnival to get the same pricing on my cabin & they say that the other party in my group doesn't show a price adjust on their rate. So, does that party have the new pricing? Why would it show the credit statement if they don't?

I am also having an issue because I booked 3 cabins (2 exactly the same - 1 different cat.). I put in for military discount for one (the friends') since that recently came up cheaper than what we paid. In May they have an offer that military can get 2 add'l cabins at the military rate. So when I put in for the rate, I put in for all 3 of our cabins..

Carnival told my agency the other 2 cabins are not eligible, claiming those categories are not eligible. At that point, my agency took that as the word & didn't dispute the fact that the one cabin exactly the same cat & right next door to the one that got the on-board credit. So that makes the last issue...

I again tried to put in a ES rate adjust myself thru Carnival's website for getting the May military friends & family rate for my cabin. Carnival e-mailed me saying I can't put in for this price adjust myself since I booked thru an agency. I replied telling them of my situation. I can understand if you want an agency's help, but I'm banned from doing something myself? They said correct. So basically if your travel agency doesn't follow up on something you're not allowed to do so yourself? Anyone have this kind of issue?

Unfortunately you missed the terms of the ES prior to booking or you could have saved yourself the headache. Carnival won't deal with you on any level when you book through a TA. Anything you want or need has to be done through your TA only. Keep pushing your TA to check into the ES price drops further.

Each time I put in for ES & it's approved, my documents show the new lower rate with an additional line that shows how much OBC I have.

Not to beat a dead horse but this is why I always book directly with Carnival.

Each time I put in for ES & it's approved, my documents show the new lower rate with an additional line that shows how much OBC I have.

Not to beat a dead horse but this is why I always book directly with Carnival.

Funny thing is I always book with Carnival, but changed the booking over to the travel agency since they were lower priced & I was booking 12 people. My personal planner always ask that I give her the booking so she gets the credit & then if it is cheaper with Costco to switch it to them. Bit more work for me, but I've used her for years so I do that. Still better in the long run since difference times 12 equal a lot initially, but ticks me off that Carnival won't let you just put thru the request yourself.

Funny thing is I always book with Carnival, but changed the booking over to the travel agency since they were lower priced & I was booking 12 people. My personal planner always ask that I give her the booking so she gets the credit & then if it is cheaper with XXXX to switch it to them. Bit more work for me, but I've used her for years so I do that. Still better in the long run since difference times 12 equal a lot initially, but ticks me off that Carnival won't let you just put thru the request yourself.

You cant name TAs on this site ...I guess you are aware each price change for ES costs you $25 pp more ... why I started booking direct.. the $25 might or might not be enough to be worth putting in for a price drop.

Since each price drop costs you $25 pp and lowers the TAs commission, I can see why you are now supposed to go thru the TA.

I hoped you saved enough upfront to be worth all this.

Archived