Have any of you been on celebrity

We first cruised X on our 20th wedding anniversary, and this year'll be our 33rd. We loved it, and have cruised it twice since then. All cruises on X have been long cruises, 16 days, 12 days, and 15 days. We LOVED it!!!

We weren't bored, and honestly, the seniors could outdance us anyday! They also stayed up later than we did.

Shay

I sailed on the Celebrity Solstice but it was the charter pre-inaugural 2 day cruise to nowhere. The ship was beautiful. Definitly comparable to Princess as far as luxary. Unfortunatly our experience was not as great, but that's to be expected on a brand new ship. That's why they have those cruises to nowhere.....

We have cruised Celebrity and also love it...and we are in our early 30's...it does tend to be a bit of an older crowd but there are some people drinking and hanging out and having fun. It is worth it just to see the ships and the service and the food is FABULOUS!

We have done a couple Celebrity cruises and found the ages are not that old, there were lots of people in your age range, I'd say the majority of cruises in March on an 11 day were 40-70 year old.

The think about Celebrity that really differs from Carnival is:

A. Nightlife is much more subdued, I mean midnight you can find a handful of people in the clubs, really dead nightlife.

B. Dressing up at dinner is much more prevalent, in fact I'm not sure if they still have them but they had 2 formals, 6 informals (which were more dressy than normal, suggesting ties, and 3 business casuals. So it was truly a "get dressed for dinner cruise"

C. The staff are much more attentive to guests, almost to the point where you want them to go away and stop fussing, if your like us we don't require all that fuss, just give us what we order, be friendly and go away.

D. The high teas require dressing up :-(

There are absolute pros to the line, we loved the Concierge class because we loved getting a hot breakfast on our balcony with linen, this was a huge treat to us, not having to get up and get dressed to go to MDR but still eating like you are in the MDR was nice.

We loved the sushi bar every evening (on other cruises was limited to certain nights) We adored the Mojitas, oh boy they have it down there, just perfect Mojitas.

In all if you don't require all the "hairy chest type games" the hopping night life and the dancing waiters. You may really love Celebrity.

I think they are great but I like dressing for dinner, and don't need a loud night life. I loved the ambiance and the perks. And the cova chocolates YUM.

Hubby won't sail them anymore because they won't let him smoke on his balcony, so if you like a stricter smoking policy you will love them.

Cheers, Carole

We have done a couple Celebrity cruises and found the ages are not that old, there were lots of people in your age range, I'd say the majority of cruises in March on an 11 day were 40-70 year old.

A. Nightlife is much more subdued, I mean midnight you can find a handful of people in the clubs, really dead nightlife.

B. Dressing up at dinner is much more prevalent, in fact I'm not sure if they still have them but they had 2 formals, 6 informals (which were more dressy than normal, suggesting ties, and 3 business casuals. So it was truly a "get dressed for dinner cruise"

C. The staff are much more attentive to guests, almost to the point where you want them to go away and stop fussing, if your like us we don't require all that fuss, just give us what we order, be friendly and go away.

There are absolute pros to the line, we loved the Concierge class because we loved getting a hot breakfast on our balcony with linen, this was a huge treat to us, not having to get up and get dressed to go to MDR but still eating like you are in the MDR was nice.

We loved the sushi bar every evening (on other cruises was limited to certain nights) We adored the Mojitas, oh boy they have it down there, just perfect Mojitas.

In all if you don't require all the "hairy chest type games" the hopping night life and the dancing waiters. You may really love Celebrity.

I think they are great but I like dressing for dinner, and don't need a loud night life. I loved the ambiance and the perks. And the cova chocolates YUM.

Hubby won't sail them anymore because they won't let him smoke on his balcony, so if you like a stricter smoking policy you will love them.

Cheers, Carole

Thanks Carole I only hope I don't have to dress up to much

On our first X cruise, the couple we dined with did not dress up at all, even formal nights. He said he wore a suit everyday to work and he wasn't going to wear one on his vacation. So we were all decked out and they were casual. But it didn't really matter, and no one said anything to them. This was on the 16 day cruise, and we had at least three formal nights, don't remember exactly.

So I wouldn't really worry about being dressed to the nines. I'd wear the same on X as I do on Carnival.

Shay

Thanks Carole I only hope I don't have to dress up to much

And I gotta tell you my husband got sick of it too. But they do have a Lido deck dining time that you can wear casual and get MDR food, on Constellation anyway, but they charged a couple bucks each for it.:rolleyes:

However the past bar is open for dinner and it is WONDERFUL. So on nights you just don't want to, have pasta!!!

Oh another thing I forgot, if you have a chance to do the rasul treatment (assuming your a couple and not just friends cruising together) It's a wonderful thing.

You get a private shower room with steam, showers and a bunch of products, so you get to scrub, exfoliate and mud each other up for an hour.

It's like 125.00 a couple, but we loved the scrub and mud so much we bought a few products and got it for free.

Once we did it for the pure erotic quality, but the second time I was peeling from a sunburn I got in GC snorkling. It was the best thing I could have done for my skin!!! Just amazing treatment.

I have heard they are offering this on the Dream which makes me very happy.

Enjoy!!

Carole

On our first X cruise, the couple we dined with did not dress up at all, even formal nights. He said he wore a suit everyday to work and he wasn't going to wear one on his vacation. So we were all decked out and they were casual. But it didn't really matter, and no one said anything to them. This was on the 16 day cruise, and we had at least three formal nights, don't remember exactly.

So I wouldn't really worry about being dressed to the nines. I'd wear the same on X as I do on Carnival.

Shay

Hi Shay, I agree that they probably wouldn't say anything if you didn't dress way up. But we went with the crowd. We did a 11 day and most of the people did dress up. We now are a little more relaxed about cruising and may not get all up to the nines like we did on these.

Which ship were you on? We were on the Connie. I think sometimes it's just different on every cruise too, the crowd sometimes dictates?

We found virtually no night life on our first and didn't bother looking on our second!!

Anyway we really did enjoy Celebrity and I have hopes of my husband slapping on a patch and quitting the sticks so I can cruise with them again!!!

Cheers, Carole

Hi Shay, I agree that they probably wouldn't say anything if you didn't dress way up. But we went with the crowd. We did a 11 day and most of the people did dress up. We now are a little more relaxed about cruising and may not get all up to the nines like we did on these.

Which ship were you on? We were on the Connie. I think sometimes it's just different on every cruise too, the crowd sometimes dictates?

We found virtually no night life on our first and didn't bother looking on our second!!

Anyway we really did enjoy Celebrity and I have hopes of my husband slapping on a patch and quitting the sticks so I can cruise with them again!!!

Cheers, Carole

Carole,

Our first and longest cruise was the Galaxy. We loved it, and that was the cruise the couple didn't dress up on. We didn't care; I love dressing up and DH tolerates his suit, complete with a complimentary tie for my outfit! But like I said, nothing major, just a black dress with flashy jewelry or something similar. No evening gowns.

We sailed Connie with our dd and sil when she was pregnant. That was a fall Canada/New England cruise, and we enjoyed it very much. Again, we dressed the same. DD actually had problems dressing because she was in that too-big-for-regular-clothes and not-big-enough-for-maternity-clothes stage. But it was great.

Our last cruise with X was on Millie, I believe, and the best cruise of our life. :):) We cruised from Hawaii to Tahiti to New Zealand. The ship wasn't full so we paid a little extra and got a suite, which came with all of the perks. :):) I can't tell you how much we loved that cruise. We crossed the International Date Line and the equator. The memories are the best! :):) We actually had a hot tub on our verandah. Oooh.

I'd get on X again in a heartbeat!

Shay

Carole,

Our first and longest cruise was the Galaxy. We loved it, and that was the cruise the couple didn't dress up on. We didn't care; I love dressing up and DH tolerates his suit, complete with a complimentary tie for my outfit! But like I said, nothing major, just a black dress with flashy jewelry or something similar. No evening gowns.

We sailed Connie with our dd and sil when she was pregnant. That was a fall Canada/New England cruise, and we enjoyed it very much. Again, we dressed the same. DD actually had problems dressing because she was in that too-big-for-regular-clothes and not-big-enough-for-maternity-clothes stage. But it was great.

Our last cruise with X was on Millie, I believe, and the best cruise of our life.

We actually had a hot tub on our verandah. Oooh.

I'd get on X again in a heartbeat!

Shay

That sounds beautiful!!! I don't think women that are preggers should have a dress code:p.

I agree we like to dress up too, but I couldn't care less what others do, it doesn't change the taste of our food. However we got put at a table with one of the lecturers, he was doing a psychology class on the cruise, he was absolutely rude, showing up late every night by a good 30 minutes or better. We were also seated with an amazing older couple from Ireland, oh they were so fun!!! The lady indicated that the rocking of the ship was good for their love life:eek: and I'm telling you they were 80 if they were a day.

Good memories there, and I agree I'd sail them again in a heartbeat.

Millie is Connies sister ship, so how did you like the 10 aft? We hung out there cause it was so laid back and nice.

And I think their breakfasts are outstanding at the buffet. Ok enough Celebrity envy.;)

Carole

I've sailed on Constellation, twice.

Concierge class both times. I wouldn't worry too much about the dress code. Yes, there are folks that go all out, but in my experience a dark suit ... dress shirt would be just fine. And as someone mentioned, you can go to the Buffett for diner if you so choose for casual dining (Same menu as the MDR) for a small fee which covered the tips of the servers.

Night life was what you made of it. We're all in our late 30s and early 40s and we had a blast.

Loved the ship, very "classic"... (Art was strange... but... I wasn't there for the art).

Friends of ours sailed on Solstice and absolutely RAVED about it....

Cheers, Carole

Thank you. We have also thought about doing X. Everything you listed is a positive for us.

I have sailed on X four times twice on the millie, once on the infinity & once on the mercury(sorry to see her leaving X next year). X has done away with informal nights, it's formal, & resort casual. Do not get hung up on the dress code or the ages. As far as service if you are into wine they still have the sommeliers. I find the service excellent & they do pay attention to a lot of the little details.

We sailed on Celebrity Mercury last summer to Alaska and thought it was great !!! The staff were attentive w/o being overbearing. Formal dinners were basically a jacket and tie, my husband brought a tux but was one of the few that did. Enjoyed the high tea, did not need to dress up - casual pants were ok [ we wore jeans the one day because we were on our way back from dance lessons ] We LOVED the sushi bar @ 4pm !!

Not a lot of action in the nightclub but it was never "empty" !! I would say go and enjoy !! We are in our mid 40's and found people of all ages [ not so many kids ] and many multi-generational families. Overall, I think it was what you think of as "traditional cruising" . We were never bored !!!!!!!!!!

We've sailed on Celebrity a few times in our 40's and had a GREAT time -- now that we're in our 50's we'd again love the chance to sail aboard their ships again -- but the deals Carnival is offering are just too good to pass up right now.

I sailed on the Celebrity Zenith (7 day to Bermuda from NYC) when I was 18 years old, it was a high school graduation present from my parents! We cruised with some of my parents friends and their kids (one was 19 years old and the other ~13 years old). To this day I still think this was my favorite cruise! We had a blast! The ship was definitely one of the nicest ones I have been on, the service was great, and the food was fantastic! I wouldn't worry about the age thing, it just depends what time of the year you go sailing....you'll get more kids during the summer, and more seniors in the winter. Happy Sailing :D

I have been on X twice. First on Mercury then on Solstice. I must say that Solstice is a very beautiful ship and since Equinox is her sister she must be every bit as beautiful. There was a wide range of age groups on both those cruises. My mother spent most of her time on our Solstice cruise at the Hot Glass Show. It was just amazing and they had drawings for all the objects they made(my father won a beautiful handled vase). Go book the Equinox and have a wonderful time.:)

That sounds beautiful!!! I don't think women that are preggers should have a dress code:p.

I agree we like to dress up too, but I couldn't care less what others do, it doesn't change the taste of our food. However we got put at a table with one of the lecturers, he was doing a psychology class on the cruise, he was absolutely rude, showing up late every night by a good 30 minutes or better. We were also seated with an amazing older couple from Ireland, oh they were so fun!!! The lady indicated that the rocking of the ship was good for their love life:eek: and I'm telling you they were 80 if they were a day.

Good memories there, and I agree I'd sail them again in a heartbeat.

Millie is Connies sister ship, so how did you like the 10 aft? We hung out there cause it was so laid back and nice.

And I think their breakfasts are outstanding at the buffet. Ok enough Celebrity envy.;)

Carole

OMG! In our suite, we could have any breakfast we wanted brought up and we could eat in our dining area or on the verandah. Actually, any meal, but we made lunch and dinner in the mdr.

Sigh.

Shay

Most of the activities that are done early in the evening (afternoon or after shows) on Carnival are delayed til 10:30pm or later on -X-. We would have liked to participate in Karaoke & Newlywed/not-so newlywed game, but the auditions weren't until 11 pm on the Millie-- we were in bed long before that!

Have any of you been on Celebrity I am thinking of doing one on the Eqinix ship BUT I am worred about the senior thing we are 56 and 57

I see that you have sailed HAL.. If you enjoyed/tolerated the senior set on them then Celebrity will be fine..

Bulldog

OMG! In our suite, we could have any breakfast we wanted brought up and we could eat in our dining area or on the verandah. Actually, any meal, but we made lunch and dinner in the mdr.

Sigh.

Shay

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh a suite on Celebrity? I'm sooooooooo jealous, I mean the butler even unpacks for you,my God did you even have to move your hand while brushing your teeth or did he jiggle it for you? LOL I'm kidding but ohhhhhhhhhhhhh those suites have serious perks, we just can't afford them at this time in our life <sighs>

But good on you that you were able to, I think I might eat on my balcony every night if I ever had a suite there. I love the sound of the ocean, I'm so deprived of it living in Nebraska:rolleyes:

Cheers Carole

Archived