Anybody zipline/river tubing combo in Ocho Rio's?

Talli

Has anybody done this ship excursion yet? What did you think of it? More specifically how was the ziplining? We have never ziplined before and is excited to try it, and this is our first cruise! We are also looking at the Canopy Adventure which is ziplining only, and I am assuming more traverses on this one vs the combo with the tubing since that is only 3 traverses.

Thanks!

Talli

We did the zipline through Chukka cove in April last year and i thought it was great. I had never ziplined but I had a blast. I think there were maybe 8 different traverses. The scenery was Beautiful the hike through the woods to get there was a little rough on uneven ground but doable.

We did the zipline/river tubing combo thru Carnival in Ochos Rios in Feb. We had an absolute blast. We had never zipped before. They did a nice job of setting us up, demonstrating (on solid ground) how to stop, all safety features, etc. There were 2 nice traverses. Plenty of people there to make sure you were safe at all times. There were 8 of us, ranging from 8 years old to me. (over 50:D) None of us had any problems. DD21 is special needs, and also had no problems. One lady did not brake well, and smashed her foot into the landing platform - the guides, and everyone else was yelling for her to raise her feet as she came in, but she panicked, and got a bruised toe for her trouble. The river tubing would have been wonderful, but we hit a "cold spell" on that cruise, and it was pretty chilly, (from day one on) and not sunny at all that day. Even freezing, we had a great time. The river guides were great, and kept everyone together, swimming alongside and pulling us thru some quiet water places. I would do this again if at Ochos Rios in the future.

Has anybody done this ship excursion yet? What did you think of it? More specifically how was the ziplining? We have never ziplined before and is excited to try it, and this is our first cruise! We are also looking at the Canopy Adventure which is ziplining only, and I am assuming more traverses on this one vs the combo with the tubing since that is only 3 traverses.

Thanks!

Talli

We zip lined through Chukka Farms this April and it was a good time, the straight down traverse which is a free fall is pretty nuts. I wouldn't pay $99 pp to do it again, but I am glad we did. It was 9 traverses if I remember correctly and the bus ride up the mountain is terrifying, do it once just to say youve done it.

thekings23

Did you book the excursion through the ship? Was it the Canopy Adventure? I know Carnival's zipling is done thru Chukka. I have been on Chukka's website and they say on the reservation page that if coming in on a cruise ship that we must book through the ship, and not through them as a private excursion.

Thanks everyone for the responses! I really aprreciate it! We definetly want to zipline, and probably tube as well, but not sure if we will be satisfied with only the 3 traverses you get with the combo tour with tubing. There is also the canopy adventure that is just zipline but does not say how many traverses they do, and when I emailed Carnival Shore excursions they still have not gotten back to me yet.

Thanks!

Talli

Archived