alaska airfare

WASUP

We are doing the one way alaska cruise and we need an open jaw flights, or one ways. I am wondering if we need to book or can wait? '

We need to fly on May 21st from fort lauderdale/Miami to Anchorage and then Vancouver to either to go home...

Thanks

I would start looking to book now, the summer is high season in Alaska and an what you need is an open jaw tickets, which never goes on sale. We did NYC to Fairbanks(we did a precruisetour) and then Vancouver to NYC and think we paid arouond 700 dollars, when we did it the summer of 2003. Try http://www.itasoftware.com, also we have fouond recently is cheaptickets have had some good fares

We did this cruise last June, booked flights in January and was glad we did as they went up, never down. Called Delta direct and got great rate by coming back out of Seattle....We were a large group and opted to stay post-cruise for a couple of days to visit Vancouver and then headed to Seattle. Rented vans in Vancouver for trip to Seattle...this too turned out great through Avis......

BTW, we did the train from Anchorage to Seward and it was WOW! One of the high points of our vacation.

Susana :)

I am also in South Florida and going to Alaska in June 2005. I have already booked by flights. I began checking the fares in Dec and it was approx $570 for a multi-city ticket w/AA. Since this is multi-city, you may find that it's a little cheaper to fly MIA-ANC and then YVR-FLL. That's how it worked out in June. As far as I have seen, American has been the cheapest.

Hope this helps.

Those quotes from Florda to Anchorage and Vancouver (Seattle) are cheap. I know a guy who had to pay $760 one way Fairbanks to Albuquerque two years ago. All that for a one way flight#$!. Right now if you can get a one way flight Florda to Anchorage jump for 250 jump on it. By the way can you take the train all the way down to Steward these days? I have heard you can go to Whittier from Anchorage by train.....Tim

There is a train to Whittier from anchorage.

The TA also said that the one way car rentals are opening open in Whittier market. She said she could get us a 168 one way, there are 4 of us. sowe can rent the car and have it for the day. I beleive the train is 50 on way.

Wow! I was suprised at the rental car rate. Even in Skagway two years ago I was able to rent a Standard size car for around $60 a day. My guess is it would be cheaper to fly into Ancorage and rent a car for a week. You could do the loop up to Fairbanks including Denali and work your way back to Anchorage by way of Delta Junction. Stay a couple of days in Anchorage and take the Cruise transfer down to Whitter or Seward. From there you can take the south bound ship. This sounds like the rout that will save you money. Just my thoughts....Tim

Norwegian Sky Alaska 05/03

Norwegian Star Hawaii 11/03

Royal Caribbean Splendor of the Seas Mediterrean 05/04

we are going from boston to fairbanks 7-31 and return from vancouver 0n 8-12 i have been playing with this for 3 -4 months trying to use frequent fliers just got lucky yesterday(i think) so book now they do go fast altough i am not as sure if may is top season

anyone have experience with red-eye flights my flights above are free first class but both are red-eyes

Archived