Taxi or Shuttle?

Talli

I am looking at hotels for the night before my cruise, which is not until November. We are cruising out of Fort Lauderdale and this will be our first cruise. So my question is, is it better/more convenient to get a hotel that does a shuttle to the port or just easier to get a taxi? What does everyone here prefer to do?

Tia!

Talli

Our very first cruise we chose to do the shuttle because it was our first time ever travelling before and did what we thought would be easier (a cab would have been less than half the cost.)

in the end I am glad we did because our flight was late late late, but because they new we were coming (because we had the shuttle) they waited for us and we got on the ship literally minutes before it sailed.

Since you are there the day before, I say do what ever is cheaper in the end, because I think the ease will be the same

You'll get better responses if you post this on the FLA departure board (look under the East Coast board).;)

Taxi's ar cheap and it's not far to the port - from FLL to the port is only $15 or so. Don't let the offer of a "free" shuttle entice you into staying at a hotel you may not enjoy.:( Besides the FLA boards check Tripadvisor for hotel reviews before you book anywhere. Good luck!:)

I dont like waiting around for the shuttle,WE just grab a cab,it is faster,and less hassle,your on vacation,and every minute counts,I Dont relax until i am in the room,and my bags are there,so i can quickly unpack,and then totally relax,with a nice cool drink in hand:p;)

We just spent the night at a Radisson in Cape Canaveral before our cruise the next day. They actually took reservations for the shuttle. A member of our party got there and checked in around 3pm. They were already booked through 1pm the next day. Boarding started around noon.

We had rental cars with Budget. Budget had no problem giving us a ride to the dock. If you plan to have a rental car, this is a good option. Otherwise, call to find out how soon you can get on the shuttle reservation list. Even with reservations, there were so many people standing in lines. I think I'd still be tempted to take a taxi... Then again, I don't know. You wind up shelling out so much everywhere that if I could stand it, I'd probably just go with the shuttle.

On our last cruise, we had a HORRIBLE experience with the shuttle in Mobile. Long lines of people waiting around for their "reservations"; after we waited over an HOUR past our scheduled departure, we called a cab. Got us to port in 5 minutes for $5. We learned our lesson on that one, we will NEVER take another shuttle!!!

Archived