Guart cabins.

irishjim

:confused:Hi everyone,I have a question regards Guar cabins with HAL.DW and I booked a cruise on the Prinsendam 45 days TA to Amesterdam April 2011

and we like Cat D Maindeck, all that was left in this Cat was a Guar so we booked it.Ithen asked my TA to ask HAL if we could keep the cabin and not upgrade us to another, BTW it is an outside.Their response was no,is this normal with all cruise lines or just HAl. We really do not wish to be upgraded to a cabin that is near the front or the back of the ship,at least not for a 45day cruise:confused:

Jim:D:D:D

With a guarantee you're giving HAL the choice to put you anywhere they want, at or above the D category you chose. If you want a specific location or area you'll have to not go with a guarantee, but pick a specific cabin and be sure to specify Do Not Upgrade ... or else they may move you anyway! :)

A guarantee is a guarantee you will get at least the cabin grade you booked, or higher. But the assignment of the cabin and its location on the deck is entirely up to the cruise line's inventory system. It could very well be at the front or back of the ship, but it could also be midships - you never know.

Almost all cruise lines offer guarantee cabins, which are sometimes the only way to get onboard a certain sailing. All of them are offered with this same caveat.

But - you're still booked on a fantastic 45 day voyage. I'd personally let them strap me to the funnel for that if that's what it took to get onboard ;)

You are 9 months from your cruise and your cabin will not be allocated until about 2 weeks before your sailing date.

You may be able to switch your booking from Guarantee to a particular D Cabin if one opens up nearer your sailing date. A number of Cabins can come free arround the final payment time, so I would just look forward to the cruise.

Thank you everyone for your replies.it is as I thought with guar cabins and in no way will prevent us from enjoying the cruise even if they put us down in the engine room LOL. this will be our 4th time on the Prinsendam and love this ship.

Happy sailing.

Jim.:D:D:D

Archived