How do you check

KROBI

I booked a cruise on Carnival Triumph for Dec 27, I booked with Carnival my question how do I check to see if the price is lower??

Kenny

By obsessively-compulsively checking the rates on the website on a daily basis (sometimes multiple times a day).

It does pay off. I've received almost $300 credit for my August cruise!

I do mention checking multiple times a day because the rates change a lot. For our upcoming 7 night cruise, The rates dropped earlier in the day by $20. I called my PVP immediately, he adjusted the price. Then I checked again later that afternoon and the rates had gone up by $50. Then the following morning they dropped $20.

I'm checking my cruise as we speak...! :)

I booked a cruise on Carnival Triumph for Dec 27, I booked with Carnival my question how do I check to see if the price is lower??

Kenny

Below Procedure, not as bad as it looks:

Once Booked, You can check the Past Guest, 55+ and Resident Promo Rates daily using the Quick Search Box on carnival.com . In order to view the promo rates, it may be necessary to first Log-In with your username AND Password, then Log-Out, such that no Name or Past Guest ID info is displayed when you visit carnival.com.

· Use the blue QUICK SEARCH Box on Carnival.com Home Page to fill-in your cruise information (Month/year, Embarkation Port, Destination, Cruise Length). Select the "Special Rates" link and always select your State of Residence from the drop-down list, and select the promo rates (Past Guest, 55+) that you're eligible for,. Click on the SEARCH link.

· “PAGE 1” – This display will be the SEARCH RESULTS display for all the cruises that fit the SEARCH criteria that you entered. There will be a line for each Cruise; across that line, the fare being offered for the lowest available Cabin classification within each CATEGORY (Interior, OceanView, Balcony, Suite) is displayed. The Fare displayed below each Category is NOT the Fare for ALL the Cabin classifications in that Category; it’s the Fare for the lowest Cabin classification in that Category. This is NOT the Fare you’re price-matching!!!! To proceed, Find your specific Cruise/Date line and click on the DETAILS link.

· “PAGE 2” - This CRUISE SUMMARY page displays Cabin Selection info, Itinerary Info and Ship Info for the specific Cruise you selected in the preceding step. The Fare displayed below each Category is NOT the Fare for ALL the Cabin classifications in that Category; it’s the Fare for the lowest Cabin classification in that Category. This is NOT the Fare you’re price-matching!!!! To proceed with Cabin Selection you have to Click the “SELECT” button under the Cabin CATEGORY (Interior, OceanView, Balcony, Suite) that you’re interested in.

· “PAGE 3” – This display will be the RATES PAGE for the Cabin CATEGORY (Interior, OceanView, Balcony, Suite) that you just selected. There will be a line for the standard FunSelect, FunSaver (and for EarlySaver if still being offered) Rates. Then, the 55+ Rate line, the Past Guest Rate line and the Resident Rate (for the State you selected earlier) is displayed, ONLY IF they are currently being offered. If you did a Cruise Search and entered your state, 55+ and Past Guest, there will be a Resident Rate line, a 55+ Rate Line and a Past Guest Rate displayed here ONLY if that rate is currently being offered for your specific cruise (and for the Resident Rate, for the State you entered). The Fare displayed alongside each of the the FunSelect, FunSaver, 55+ Rate line, the Past Guest Rate line and the Resident Rate line NOT the Fare for ALL the Cabin classifications in that Booking Rate; it’s the Fare for the lowest available Cabin classification in that Rate for the Category you selected. Select the Rate you’re interested-in, Select the number of Guests, and Click on the “CONTINUE” link.

• “PAGE 4” – This display will be the STATEROOM PAGE for the CATEGORY and RATE that you previously selected. Click on CATEGORY at the top of the display (or on the blue EDIT in the middle of the display).

• “PAGE 5” - FINALLY, This display will be the Listing of all the Stateroom CATEGORIES and their FARES for the Booking Rate that you selected (FunSelect, FunSaver, EarlySaver, 55+, PastGuest, Residency). The Booking Info, Fare Code, Govt Fees and taxes for the booking will be displayed in the right-border. This is where you see the actual rates for each cabin classification within a CATEGORY.

If your Category is listed as N/A, then you are out of luck for a Price Adjustment, unless more Cabins become available. However, if a Category above yours drops below your current ES Rate, you can upgrade to that Category and generally get OBC for the fare difference.

ken

I signed up for Carnival Cruise Genie which is a site that supposedly tracks price drops and will email you if your cruise has any. I have not received any emails as of yet but my cruise is still selling ES fares so not really expecting any changes as least not for a few more weeks :D But I am also checking Carnivals website just as the previous posters are.

Talli

Make sure that your cookies are turned off and have your computer get rid of previous web sites every 12 hours...I've found that sometimes the price changes but if that stuff is still there it'll still show the old price. :)

I have my cruise set up on the carnival cruise Genie like tali. About a week ago it notified. Me of a $100 price drop. I still check every couple of days myself but might have missed that drop because I was at work and couldn't check that day.

I haven't had luck with getting price drops so I sure hope I do this time around. I've registered for this site as well, since another one isn't checking Carnival's anymore for some reason...

Archived