Suite 829 odyssey

MARIANH

• 2 weeks later...

We had Suite 828 on the Odyssey cruise from which we have just returned (so next door to the one you're asking about).

Main advantage: you walk straight out to the pool deck/bar/grill (so only the merest stagger to reach sustenance). It felt lovely to do this, straight outside without any deviations.

Disadvantages: If you're at the stern of the ship visiting Seabourn Square or the other restaurants, the quickest way home is up the spiral stairs or lift, which means you then have to walk across the pool deck to get back to your suite (may be a disadvantage if it's cold/rainy/very busy). You can, alternatively, walk towards the bow on the lower level, get the front lift up and walk back to your suite. (OK, am searching for disadvantages here....walking is good for you after all that food!)

We wondered if we'd get noise in the suite or on the balcony from the pool deck area, but even on the 'Rock the Boat' night, when the music was too loud for us to stay on the deck, back in 828 there was no noise at all. On a usual day/evening, you just wouldn't know the bar and grill were there.

Hope this is helpful.

We had Suite 828 on the Odyssey cruise from which we have just returned (so next door to the one you're asking about).

Main advantage: you walk straight out to the pool deck/bar/grill (so only the merest stagger to reach sustenance). It felt lovely to do this, straight outside without any deviations.

Disadvantages: If you're at the stern of the ship visiting Seabourn Square or the other restaurants, the quickest way home is up the spiral stairs or lift, which means you then have to walk across the pool deck to get back to your suite (may be a disadvantage if it's cold/rainy/very busy). You can, alternatively, walk towards the bow on the lower level, get the front lift up and walk back to your suite. (OK, am searching for disadvantages here....walking is good for you after all that food!)

We wondered if we'd get noise in the suite or on the balcony from the pool deck area, but even on the 'Rock the Boat' night, when the music was too loud for us to stay on the deck, back in 828 there was no noise at all. On a usual day/evening, you just wouldn't know the bar and grill were there.

Hope this is helpful.

Most helpful. Thank you very much.

Regards

Advice please. Has anyone stayed in this suite? Any problems/issues or indeed any advantages?

Thanks

Advantages: not far from the forward elevators.These elevators are the only ones to go from deck 4 to deck 11.The rear ones go only deck 4 to 9 inclusive

Near to Patio Bar.After consuming far to much alcohol one can fall off the bar stool and crawl back to the suite which is only about 20 steps.

Disadvantage: Deck 8 is high up so there is a far greater chance of fatality if you fall from the balcony rail whilst under alcohol control.

Have a great trip.I'm on for lunch at Dover and a nose around.

Have a great trip.I'm on for lunch at Dover and a nose around.

Will you be recognisable by your Lordly regalia ( ermine , black stockings, strange buckle shoes etc), nautical uniform or wll you be in civies/ disguise?

Will you be recognisable by your Lordly regalia ( ermine , black stockings, strange buckle shoes etc), nautical uniform or wll you be in civies/ disguise?

His Lordship will no doubt be in full morning suit, not sure he will suit the black stockings and strange shoes:p

deb

I only wear black stockings under my trousers or in the privacy of my home. ;)

i'm still trying to master the high heels but that will have to wait a few weeks before my public debut

Archived