Crown R736 - R745 Comments Please

Chesie

We are looking to book an inside as our potential trip is very port intensive and feel a balcony would not be utilized for the cost this time.

Has anyone stayed in any of these cabins? Heard they are a bit better as they are close to the terrace pool. This way we can scoot out for a look see and interior prices!

Any noise from above?

Thanks!

We were in R729 (inside) on the CB and absolutely LOVED the location - so convenient to the terrace pool, and just one flight up to the buffet. No noise at all from above

Thanks Donna!

I noticed it states capable of 3/4 person. Did the bunks interfer with the "room" you had in the cabin?

We are looking to book an inside as our potential trip is very port intensive and feel a balcony would not be utilized for the cost this time.

Has anyone stayed in any of these cabins? Heard they are a bit better as they are close to the terrace pool. This way we can scoot out for a look see and interior prices!

Any noise from above?

Thanks!

Have you thought of an oceanview cabin rather than an inside? You probably have, so tell me to butt out, but I personally need to see something of the outside. Its just a thought.

Have you thought of an oceanview cabin rather than an inside? You probably have, so tell me to butt out, but I personally need to see something of the outside. Its just a thought.

No butting here! Appreciate your honesty. Yes we have thought about OV and obstructed. OV is 1500 more and because of this cruise being so port intensive thought we could use the $$ for the excursions. Last month we upgraded from balcony to mini and only once in 7 days did we use the balcony. Too cold and not enough time! The mini was dirt cheap so we didn't mind. When it gets closer maybe another look see at the finances and cabin rates will work out. Thanks!

We've spent 20 nights on the Emerald, 20 nights on the Ruby and 7 nights on the Crown in R737 and love the location. We think the two inside cabins further aft than 737 might be a bit loud...it all depends on how that door at the end of the corridor is adjusted. On the Emerald last year, it crashed closed loudly; on the Ruby it was almost silent and on the Crown it was somewhere in between. As for noise from above, we occasionally heard a cart being wheeled around Cafe Caribe, but not very often.

Don't tell anyone, but it's the best location on the ship!

Thanks Donna!

I noticed it states capable of 3/4 person. Did the bunks interfer with the "room" you had in the cabin?

We had 3 in that cabin, so we needed one of the bunks. I wouldn't say that it interferred with the roominess - interior cabins are expected to be tight, and this was what we were expecting.

Stayed in R707 on the CB two years ago and LOVED the location. Steps from the Terrace Pool and just below Cafe Caribe. Got breakfast many times and brought it down to our balcony. We are doing an inside on the Lido deck this year to save a few $$ but I feel that being on the Lido will kind of like having a balcony anyway. Your proximity to the Terrace pool is similar to that thought.

Enjoy,

Freddie

• 3 months later...
We've spent 20 nights on the Emerald, 20 nights on the Ruby and 7 nights on the Crown in R737 and love the location. We think the two inside cabins further aft than 737 might be a bit loud...it all depends on how that door at the end of the corridor is adjusted. On the Emerald last year, it crashed closed loudly; on the Ruby it was almost silent and on the Crown it was somewhere in between. As for noise from above, we occasionally heard a cart being wheeled around Cafe Caribe, but not very often.

Don't tell anyone, but it's the best location on the ship!

Just changed our booking to R736 (due to price difference between our original booking of R508). It looks like a good location, and I'm glad to see you were happy there!

Archived