Suite or Aft Wrap?

valancy1

I will be in my first Aft Wrap (4228) which is also a Suite on the Spirit to Alaska in Aug. I will let you know if it was worth the $$$ ;)

Do post if an aft wrap is good on an Alaska sailing as opposed to a warm Caribbean sailing. I'm curious, though I don't think I'd ever do an Alaskan cruise (I only want to land trip it to Alaska to see the Northern Lights someday).

I will be in my first Aft Wrap (4228) which is also a Suite on the Spirit to Alaska in Aug. I will let you know if it was worth the $$$ ;)

We had that same cabin on the Miracle. We think it's the best cabin available. You'll love it!:D

Our first aft wrap was 8428 on Victory. We absolutely loved it. After that we had two OS suites, one on Glory and the other on Miracle. Nice, but the suite balconies just didn't compare to the aft wrap.

We then booked 8448 on Conquest for our February 2010 cruise. In fact, we chose the cruise for the cabin - not the ship or the itinerary. Our sons were booked next door in 8450. Two days before sailing, we received the "upsell fairy" call offering a grand suite for the four of us if we gave up the aft wrap and adjoining cabin and paid an extra $100 per person. Lose the wrap balcony and the extra bathroom, and pay extra on top? No deal.

A few hours later we received another call. This time, they would give us the grand suite and credit our sons' fares as OBC if we would give up the two cabins. That was too good a deal - sons pretty much sailed for free - and we went for the suite.

The grand suite was very nice, and the balcony was more than acceptable - twice the length of a regular 8A balcony. We still want another aft wrap, though, so we've booked one on Freedom for next February.

Do post if an aft wrap is good on an Alaska sailing as opposed to a warm Caribbean sailing. I'm curious, though I don't think I'd ever do an Alaskan cruise (I only want to land trip it to Alaska to see the Northern Lights someday).

I will hopefully come back happy!!

We had that same cabin on the Miracle. We think it's the best cabin available. You'll love it!:D

Thanks I can't wait!!

Archived