Onboard credit does not cover prebooked shows, etc. on the Epic?

lusitanica

Reading various reviews, I came across a report saying that onboard credit cannot be applied to cruise enhancements (specialty restaurants, shows, etc.) that were booked ahead of time and were already charged to one's credit card.

Is it the case with the Epic?

If yes, it would be disappointing as that is exactly what I am planning to spend OBC on...

Opinions will be highly appreciated.

It probably means it can't be applied to bon voyage gifts, bar set-ups etc. because those are paid for before you leave.

I just pre-booked two chargeable dinner shows for the Epic and was not charged. Those will go on my on-board account and I expect them to be treated as any other onboard charge i.e. OBC applicable.

Don't forget that the OBC can be applied toward your gratuities. Unless you have a very generous OBC, the gratuities will eat up most, if not all, of it. Restaurant surcharges, drinks/wine/soda will likely take care of the rest.

Enjoy.

Don't forget that the OBC can be applied toward your gratuities. Unless you have a very generous OBC, the gratuities will eat up most, if not all, of it. Restaurant surcharges, drinks/wine/soda will likely take care of the rest.

Enjoy.

I have just switched from OBC+prepaid grats to generally better offer that does not include prepaid grats though.

Yes, gratuities will eat up the most part of OBC now.

Thank you all for answers.

Archived