3 passengers ... cant have upper bed

CCaligator

I am about to book on the Carnival Triumph and i have a question.

There are three of us traveling in one room. I've been told that Ocean View and Balcony rooms only have a sofa that is convertible to a bed and that it is small and uncomfortable.

Will Carnival put three beds in an interior room? None of us can climb into an upper bed.

There are three of us traveling in one room. I've been told that Ocean View and Balcony rooms only have a sofa that is convertible to a bed and that it is small and uncomfortable.

Will Carnival put three beds in an interior room? None of us can climb into an upper bed.

Book a (6A) twin that accomodates a RollAwayBed? ken

My sister in law recently went with us and was the 3rd person in our room... we had an inside cabin with a "trundle" bed, as none of us was able to get in a fold down bed also... it made it a little croweded in the room, but we managed and said the bed was very comfortable.. she called it her "cocoon" if you don't mind a bit of a squeeze, it should be fine....

I just recently came back from a cruise and we had 3 in our room. I slept on the sofa and it was every bit as comfortable as the regular bed was. I liked it better as you have more room than the regular bed and it is bigger.

No, they will not/ cannot put a regular size bed into your cabin. There would simply be no room at all for a third bed to fit into the cabin.

I have traveled with 3 of us in one cabin and this is how we do it....the person who gets the sofa pays less than the 2 who get the real beds. We all agreed that this seemed fair.

All ocean view rooms do not have a sofa bed, some have bunk beds.

I sail with two friends (all girl cruises) We have had rooms with the sofa that makes out to a bed, and they are as comfortable as the beds. We never had a problem, and we are all plus size. We actually prefer the rooms with a sofa so no one has to climb us to a top bunk. The rooms are so small, I would not want to try to squeeze in a rollaway bed, and I cannot imagine a rollaway bed being very comfortable. JMHO

Good luck!!

A convertible sofa will be more comfortable than a rollaway...

Whomever told you is WRONG, the convertible sofa is supposed to be the same size as a twin. I did not measure it, but looked the same size to the naked eye that we had.

It is a tad firmer than a regular twin, but not much. The pillows just come off at night.

Deciding you want a rollaway because it will be better than a convertible sofa makes NO SENSE.

Im guessing you just want a inside cabin, and dont want to pay for a OV or balcony ... if so, sure get one that they can put a rollaway into...but it will not be better than a convertible sofa.

Sounds like a way to request a inside cabin with a rollaway to me .. they can find one for you, if its a question of money, not wanting to pay for a more expensive cabin

We were on the Triumph in January, my two nephews and their friend shared an interior room on the Lido deck. The third bed was a trundle bed. All three guys are adults, though it was a bit crowded they managed.

Is a trundle bed the same as a rollaway. I keep seeing this term and not sure if there is another bed type I havent seen yet. To me a trundle bed fits under a regular bed, do these?

Is a trundle bed the same as a rollaway. I keep seeing this term and not sure if there is another bed type I havent seen yet. To me a trundle bed fits under a regular bed, do these?

Yes they do - it is a true trundle. They pull it from under the bed and is very low on the floor of course. A rollaway is collapsable and folded up when not in use.

i was told the bedding for my DS would be a trundle that slides out from under our Queen bed not a rollaway.

the sofabed in the destiny aft wraps is not the type where u can remove the bolsters & an adult can sleep.

PVP indicated that they don't recommend the upper berth accommodation for 'tall people' or those much over 180-200 pds.

We had a 4K stateroom on the Pride last year. It was an interior room with obstructed french doors. My MIL slept on the sofa and she said it was very comfortable.

Maybe the Triumph has a similar room?

in reference to my previous post... Carnival called it a "trundle" bed but it was actually a fold away bed... (it would not fit under either of our other beds)... it was crowded, but we managed and had a great cruise...

Im guessing you just want a inside cabin, and dont want to pay for a OV or balcony ... if so, sure get one that they can put a rollaway into...but it will not be better than a convertible sofa.

Sounds like a way to request a inside cabin with a rollaway to me .. they can find one for you, if its a question of money, not wanting to pay for a more expensive cabin

We are three sisters going in a balcony cabin on Destiny. I specifically did not want to sleep on an upper bunk (too close to ceiling and don't like trying to sneak down a ladder in the middle of the night).

They told us that we could NOT get a balcony with a sofa bed for the third person. It would have to be a roll-away. I'm hoping it's not uncomfortable as I would hate for either one of my sisters :D to have to be miserable.

Really, we all said it we would take turns using it if it was.

Hoping for the best!

Archived