Infants on carnival - do I have to book a cabin with 3-person capacity?

kj_connections

I am considering cruising on Carnival with an infant.

It will be myself, husband and baby.

Do I HAVE to book a cabin that has capacity for 3 people (those with bunk bends) or can I book a 2 person cabin and they will wheel in a crib?

I ask because when I do a search for prices and inputting 3 people - the base price is more per person than inputting a 2 people search.

Yes, you do have to have a cabin that has the capacity to hold 3 people. It doesn't matter if it's an infant or an adult they count as a 3rd passenger. All cruise lines are the same in this rule. You might call Carnival to see if they offer discounts for infants. I know some of the cruise lines do and others don't.

Also how old is the infant? Children younger than 6 months are not allowed on the ships in the Caribbean. You might check the requirements for where you are going.

Yes, you do have to have a cabin that has the capacity to hold 3 people. It doesn't matter if it's an infant or an adult they count as a 3rd passenger. All cruise lines are the same in this rule. You might call Carnival to see if they offer discounts for infants. I know some of the cruise lines do and others don't.

Also how old is the infant? Children younger than 6 months are not allowed on the ships in the Caribbean. You might check the requirements for where you are going.

We will be on the Dream in November. I called Carnival and NO they do not have special pricing for infants; however, under 2 years old you do NOT pay gratuities. So you save $10 a day there if that helps.

On Carnival (Destiny for example)..

If there are 2 adults, a 3yr old and a 7mo old - would an interior room have 2 twin movable beds, and 2 upper bunks?

We wouldn't put kids on a top bunk. If the 2 beds are pushed together would a crib still fit?

On Carnival (Destiny for example)..

If there are 2 adults, a 3yr old and a 7mo old - would an interior room have 2 twin movable beds, and 2 upper bunks?

We wouldn't put kids on a top bunk. If the 2 beds are pushed together would a crib still fit?

I would suggest looking into getting an Ocean View Room that has the 2 twins that can be pushed together, a single convertible sofa (for the 3 y/o), and an upper. Then you can ask for a crib. It will give you a little more space and the sofa is great for young kids.

We just booked with Carnival with our 15 month old grandson. They put us in a 3 person room with upper bunk. We paid 1/2 price for him and were told that one table would be removed, beds pushed together and crib would be set up in the corner for him. We're doing an inside room, as we don't care about the room size, it's all about the ship, islands and having fun.

Yes, you have to have a cabin w/ the capacity for everyone in your party regardless of age. We booked with NCL because they were the only ones who didn't charge an arm and a leg for our kids... it was $199 for our 2 year old and only port charges for our 6 month old. Carnival would have charged us $499 for each of them PLUS port charges!!

Archived