Tarquinia from Civitavecchia

yenta

We are thinking of going to Tarquinia because we have been to Rome several times. Has anyone been here and what is your opinion? Is there anything that we should not miss. My husband loves ruins, but can not walk too far. Bus or Train?

We are thinking of going to Tarquinia because we have been to Rome several times. Has anyone been here and what is your opinion? Is there anything that we should not miss. My husband loves ruins, but can not walk too far. Bus or Train?

We took the bus to Tarquinia from Civitavecchia (about 20 minutes). Drops you right at Piazza Cavour, central plaza in Old Town. The train station is way down the hill (probably 5-8 km.) Great town to visit. Museum is delightful. To find bus stop directions, go here .

We went to Tarquinia from Civitavecchia by bus last week. It is very easy and very cheap(€2.60 return). There is an information point at the exit to the port where they can sell you return bus tickets which you can then validate on the bus.

We in fact went by bus and returned by train (it was a festival and there were very few buses back!) but buses are easier and more frequent on a normal day.

Tarquinia is a beautiful town and well worth a visit.

We went to Tarquinia from Civitavecchia by bus last week. It is very easy and very cheap. There is an information point at the exit to the port where they can sell you return bus tickets which you can then validate on the bus.

We in fact went by bus and returned by train (it was a festival and there were very few buses back!) but buses are easier and more frequent on a normal day.

Tarquinia is a beautiful town and well worth a visit.

We went to Tarquinia from Rome on the way to our cruise ship in October. We used Rome Cabs which took us first to the Etruscan tombs - very interesting - I think we had about an hour there but if you are really into checking out every single tomb, you could spend more time looking around. They then took us into the town and dropped us near the museum so we could look around at our own pace and also we had time to walk around the quaint little town. Then we were taken to a beautiful location for wine and olive oil tasting and lunch....I am sorry I do not remember the name of the place but it was some of the best food I've ever had! Our group of 8 were the only English speaking folks there. They had to bring in their 1 English speaking employee just for us and she explained both the wine and olive oil making processes, did our wine and olive oil tasting, took our lunch orders, took us downstairs to where they made their liquers, and took us to their store. It was a grand way to start our cruise. It was 125 euros per couple and lunch (which was substantial and included wine) was only about 23 euros per couple---well worth the money.

Archived