How many locks are on a balcony door?

geovet

I am thinking about booking a obstructed balcony for my family. I have a 6 year old and need to keep him out of trouble and safe. Do the doors have one of those extra locks on the top of the door?

There is a sliding bolt kind of lock on the top 1/2 of the balcony door. Make sure you tell your 6 year old never to touch the lock. We have been cruising since our kids were 4/7 - the first thing we did was go over "balcony safety."

(no touching lock/door, no going out on balcony by yourself.)

I am thinking about booking a obstructed balcony for my family. I have a 6 year old and need to keep him out of trouble and safe. Do the doors have one of those extra locks on the top of the door?

Like previous poster said - there is a lock on the upper half of the door. However, 6 is old enough to be taught rules and the #1 rule is NOT to go out on the balcony for any reason without a parent. Those doors are very heavy and not only will it be tough to open it can shut on fingers and do major damage so should not attempted to be open by them. Good luck, you will be busy.

An extra safety precaution could be to use one of the small alarms that

hang on the door knob if you should nod off and little one does get the door open.

I used to electrify the door with the bare end wires of a power cord. If any of the kids touched it, they would get zapped pretty good. I believed they only tried this once...

You can do that anymore. The power cord with bare wires are on the

prohibited list now :)

Archived