Cunard Reveals Queen Elizabeth Dining Features

zider

Most interesting. Almost a 100% return to the days of three class travel. But horrors of horrors both the PG and QG passengers will be able to mingle for meals on the same terrace.

So now we know for an extra $10 pp one can have dinner in the lido as a sit down affair or stand in line and do the buffet as part of the fare. Brintannia Club becomes the old Caronia class and for those really willing to place extra money on the table champagne tea followed by Veranda dinners. Now if they will up the dress code so Veranda is 100% formal every night and the champagne tea requires a bright sun dress for the ladies plus a fine hat and the men must wear white flannels and a blazer then they will have returned to the era of elegant ships. If not then it is all just looking for a better revenue stream.

We shall see how it all works out. I would guess those who will still be plodding along in the old shoes of the QM2 and Vicky will have to shell out the $10 also for the sit down buffet.

Most interesting. Almost a 100% return to the days of three class travel.

Why do you use the word "return"? Doesn't QM2 already have Britannia Club? Why does she not therefore fit your vision of "three class travel"?

J

Because it is an after thought being a divided section of the Brittania Dining Room not its very own room. And none of the other two ships have the very Upper Upper Veranda room where, I would venture based on the description, the pp will be $50. Not to mention $25 for a glass of champagne with tea AND the possibility of "private" dinner dance parties in the Garden Room at a "special" price.

I wonder if they will have Irish fiddle music in the Brittania Dining room after a while to make the circle complete.

So even those in QG will have to pay a surcharge for the Verandah Grill. Has this replaced Todd English?

I gather that the sit down buffet spaces have replaced Todd English and the Veranda room will be quite the special place at quite the special price.

I wonder if they will have Irish fiddle music in the Brittania Dining room after a while to make the circle complete.

Well, I think Irish fiddle music would be an absolutely delightful adjunct to the Britannia dining experience - as long as we don't have to have Leonardo di Crapio dancing on the table. Perhaps, for that full British experience, the fiddlers could alternate with a couple of pipers, a Welsh male voice choir, and a Morris Dancing side.

J

Well, I think Irish fiddle music would be an absolutely delightful adjunct to the Britannia dining experience - as long as we don't have to have Leonardo di Crapio dancing on the table. Perhaps, for that full British experience, the fiddlers could alternate with a couple of pipers, a Welsh male voice choir, and a Morris Dancing side.

J

...and a few Scottish Great Highland Bagpipers! :D

I gather that the sit down buffet spaces have replaced Todd English and the Veranda room will be quite the special place at quite the special price.

The image of this cliche'd attempt at using the past proves yet again to be another design disappointment. I've seen fast food esatblishments with more creative and captivating design than what P&O/Princess is giving this dining venue.

Mr. Arison proves again that distinction is simply too expensive for Carnival brands.

Perhaps, for that full British experience, the fiddlers could alternate with a couple of pipers, a Welsh male voice choir, and a Morris Dancing side.

...and a few Scottish Great Highland Bagpipers! :D

Got it covered already :)

J

GLITCH WILL NOT ALLOW THE LINK THIS IS THE FRONT PAGE YOU WILL FIND THE PRESS RELEASE THERE.

Oh Lord, the bloody boat's not in service yet and I'm already fed up with it. It's like Deja Vu all over again.

I think they should have called it the 'Queen Groundhog'.

Can we pleeeeeease all remember it's just another boat to have holidays on. You are not going to be transported god-like into some sunlit upland of Elysium. You are going to sail to some places where you'll get off for a few hours, spend a few quid and scuttle back on board so you won't miss your paid for dinner. All the cruise ships (at least the ones that I can afford) are steadily going down market as they all fight to fill ever bigger boats. No matter the decor or the spiffy new dining arrangements on the new Cunarder, rest assured the tables of tat will still be there, and Cunard are trialling a new exciting additon to this feature.

Is this a) Bansley market b) Your local charity shop on 50% off day or

c) the main thoroughfare on 'The Greatest Ocean Liner in the World' tm with its 'Fabulous White Star Service' tm

a>[font=Times New Roman][color=black]

Answers on the back of a £10 note please.

Gari

Blast it! the image wont show, click the link.

G.

I've never sailed with Cunard before so looking forward to finding out how their dining arrangements compare with other cruise lines.......as long as the food is good and there's a decent variety then I don't care what restaurant I'm in or what past ship it's based on to be honest

Archived