future cruise question

i know this has been talked about a lot but i am confused an the more i read the more confused i get so i just thought i would throw it out there.

is the new C&A benefit of getting OBC when booking online the same as it ws before just now limited to C&A members.

this is my situation:

I have a cruise booked for dec. then i want to book a family cruise(2 cabins) for feb 2012. i thought i could book my cabins now, then when i was on board in dec buy the certificate and get the friends certificate and send them both in for credit on my 2 cabins.

is this the best way to do this?

thanks in advance for clearing up my confusuon

i know this has been talked about a lot but i am confused an the more i read the more confused i get so i just thought i would throw it out there.

is the new C&A benefit of getting OBC when booking online do you mean onboardthe same as it ws before just now limited to C&A members.

this is my situation:

I have a cruise booked for dec. then i want to book a family cruise(2 cabins) for feb 2012. i thought i could book my cabins now, then when i was on board in dec buy the certificate and get the friends certificate and send them both in for credit on my 2 cabins.

is this the best way to do this?

thanks in advance for clearing up my confusuon

I think I am confused by your post:o

If you are a C&A member already, you have til the end of June to book from home with the combinable offers. (OBC and Balc Disc or Savings Cert)

If your family members are C&A, they can do the same. OR You can book your own and then buy certificates on board for your family.

Is that what you are asking?

I think I am confused by your post:o

If you are a C&A member already, you have til the end of June to book from home with the combinable offers. (OBC and Balc Disc or Savings Cert)

If your family members are C&A, they can do the same. OR You can book your own and then buy certificates on board for your family.

Is that what you are asking?

The certificates for family and friends is only given out when you purchase either a NexCruise or book a specific cruise while on board.

OR You can book your own and then buy certificates on board for your family.

Maybe not worded perfectly, but that was what I meant!

You can book your cruise onboard in December and receive the NC certificates for your family.

OR You can book your own and then buy certificates on board for your family.

Maybe not worded perfectly, but that was what I meant!

You can book your cruise onboard in December and receive the NC certificates for your family.

I thought that's what you meant.;):)

I like your suggestion to just wait until December and do the bookings then.

The certificates for family and friends is only given out when you purchase either a NexCruise or book a specific cruise while on board.

Are they still doing NextCruise, or do you have to book a specific cruise to get OBC?

I thought I had bought my last NextCruise since we will be Platinum after our trip to Alaska and would prefer the balcony discount, but now that it's combinable, I have to think about my 20th anniversary next year...

It would be nice to have a NextCruise booking so I would be able to get the OBC once I decide on an itinerary to surprise DW with!

Are they still doing NextCruise, or do you have to book a specific cruise to get OBC?

I thought I had bought my last NextCruise since we will be Platinum after our trip to Alaska and would prefer the balcony discount, but now that it's combinable, I have to think about my 20th anniversary next year...

It would be nice to have a NextCruise booking so I would be able to get the OBC once I decide on an itinerary to surprise DW with!

Yes, you can still purchase a NextCruise while on board, and from what I have been told, once you change it into a specific cruise you will get the OBC and can select either the balcony discount of a C&A savings certificate if one becomes available.

Yes, you can still purchase a NextCruise while on board, and from what I have been told, once you change it into a specific cruise you will get the OBC and can select either the balcony discount of a C&A savings certificate if one becomes available.

Beautiful! Thanks for all of your great information.

Of course, I can hear the future arguments now:

"But I bought the NC *BEFORE* the 6 month window, so I *SHOULD* get the extra $25 in onboard credit, even though I'm converting it to a trip I want to take tomorrow!"

Archived