Day Care

What day care are you talking about? Adventure Ocean is open until 10 pm for ages 3 to 11. After 10 pm you pay $6 per hour (until 2 am). Royal Babies and Tots depend on what time you´ve booked and paid for (opening hours are 5 pm - midnight for the evening sessions except for the first night when they close by 10 pm).

steamboats

Royal Babies and Tots are $8 per hour. You have to sign up on the first day. Depending on the number of kids under 3 you get a slot of hours you can use throughout the cruise. If parents don´t use their hours others can take them.

steamboats

Royal Babies and Tots are $8 per hour. You have to sign up on the first day. Depending on the number of kids under 3 you get a slot of hours you can use throughout the cruise. If parents don´t use their hours others can take them.

steamboats

thx

We are booked on the Allure Sept 4, 2011 and I was told by RCCL there was no charge for using Royal Babies and Tots during the day. However if you wanted a sitter for nite then it was $8 per hour for the first two kids.

We are booked on the Allure Sept 4, 2011 and I was told by RCCL there was no charge for using Royal Babies and Tots during the day. However if you wanted a sitter for nite then it was $8 per hour for the first two kids.

I think the person you spoke with was misinformed. This is from the RCI website:

General Info

This experience is exclusive to our newest ship, Oasis of the Seas.

There are 2 age groups:

Babies (6-17 months) up to and including 1 day less than 18 months.

Tots (18-36 months).

Cost

The charge is $8 per hour, per child. This can be charged in hour increments (minimum session charge is $8 for 1 hour even if child is picked up early).

DH and I would love it if the nursery was free during the day, though! As I stated in another post, I don't think it's quite fair that RCI charges the same amount for under 3's who can't use a vast majority of the ship's amenities, but then charges extra for the one area designed specifically for them. As a result, parents of the under 3's could very easily spend more money for their child who can't use most of the pools or entertainment facilities than a parent of a 3 or over child who can use Adventure Ocean for free, along with many more entertainment/activity options. But, such is life and, as we all know, life's not fair!

Archived