Potential Second Spill in Gulf

The other, the Diamond Ocean Saratoga, is operated by Taylor Energy, which has been in the process of plugging and abandoning a Mississippi Canyon well where the platform was toppled during Hurricane Ivan. The Diamond Ocean Saratoga is the only one on the MMS list that is operating at a depth of less then 500 feet. Eleven of the rigs are operating at greater depths than the Deepwater Horizon, which was drilling a bit more than 5,000 feet below the surface.

So many people are not aware that even if there were not any drilling in the Gulf of Mexico, that naturally over 20k barrels of oil seep from the floor of the Gulf.

http://scienceblips.dailyradar.com/story/scientists-find-that-tons-of-oil-seep-into-the-gulf-of/

Natually occurring seepage is fine - the environment can deal with it. Man-made disasters that double the flow rate are another matter.

CONSPIRACY ~~!!~~ If one leak won't stop drilling, less see if two spills will cause a moratorium on off shore drilling........

And that is why Houston is getting ready to lose 100k jobs in the next few weeks. And when they shut NASA and 100k jobs. This Admin is killing jobs so fast that soon 60 percent of America will be out of work.

This is what the "second leak" was actually about. There is not a second leak.

"Unidentified aircraft took photos this weekend that incorrectly reported an oil leak coming from the drilling rig Ocean Saratoga. At the time of these photos, Taylor Energy was actually conducting marine operations on site with a 180 foot dynamically positioned workboat for regularly scheduled subsea containment system drainage. The tanks mistakenly characterized as containing dispersants on the boat’s deck, were actually tanks to store and transport the collected oil as it was pumped from the underwater storage system."

And that is why Houston is getting ready to lose 100k jobs in the next few weeks. And when they shut NASA and 100k jobs. This Admin is killing jobs so fast that soon 60 percent of America will be out of work.

That's OK, his master plan is to make the Census an annual event so the government can seasonally hire all those unemployed and brag about all the "new" jobs created. Perhaps one day we will all work for the federal government or not at all! :rolleyes:

Enough of the politics, folks. I could go off on the "job creation" programs of the past five administrations and their various failures, but since I don't want this forum to be ruined by the usual political viotriol that our nation has allowed itself to be mired in, I won't.

Glad to the second rig isn't leaking.

Enough of the politics, folks. I could go off on the "job creation" programs of the past five administrations and their various failures, but since I don't want this forum to be ruined by the usual political viotriol that our nation has allowed itself to be mired in, I won't.

Glad to the second rig isn't leaking.

OMG!!!!! I am agreeing with you yet again:eek:

Why say anything in five words when you can say it in thirty six?

Sounds like we just segway'd (not a word?) back over to politics:confused: Or do I now wax poetic? (BTW, where the heck did that come from?)

Archived