Television onboard

Sailing Navigator on sunday and wondered if any of the world cup football games are likely to be shown , i am not a footy fan but am just curious as to what they actualy show on the cabin tv's ,i do not go on holiday to watch tv but its sometimes nice to have it on while getting ready to go to dinner .

World's Cup was on last year when I was sailing on RCI

Hope to goodness theres another channel , me and DH will be fighting over the remote control :) or i could always go bar hopping and shopping and take it out on the seapass card ;)

World's Cup was on last year when I was sailing on RCI

Curious to know which world cup that was then? Seeing as THE football world cup only happens every FOUR years :)

in answer to the OP, not sure about the telly, but RCI are planning on having extensive coverage of matches, so imagine they will be shown in the bars/theatre

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/experience/html.do;jsessionid=0000IC_kZLwkQNrU4jrbETSEF9B:13hldcctq?exCode=910

scroll down to June..

as for the rest of the TV selection....you get Faux (oops, FOX News), Int'l CNN that shows a few of the US based shows like Wolf and part of AC 360, an Int'l ESPN which will probably only show the world cup....a few movie channels and RCI propaganda...(how many times can you watch the building of Voyager?)

If you expect ABC, NBC and CBS try Carnival...:p

Really, as much as I love RCI, they really have horrible TV. And before people flame me for watching TV, we spend a lot of time in the cabin since mom has a hard time getting around.......it would be nice to have something amusing on the tube!

That was my experience on the Mariner. We were in our balcony a lot and the TV was horrible. What few channels they had were constantly cutting out from poor satellite signal. Not good. There were a few times that it would have been nice to watch one of my favorite shows while we were resting and bumming around. DH liked to take naps in the day and I could have watched a little soaps or something but no luck there. I'd start getting into a mystery program and the signal would be lost so couldn't see the end.

Your best hope is that it is showing in a lounge somewhere.

Sailing Navigator on sunday and wondered if any of the world cup football games are likely to be shown , i am not a footy fan but am just curious as to what they actualy show on the cabin tv's ,i do not go on holiday to watch tv but its sometimes nice to have it on while getting ready to go to dinner .

Sounds like you will be able to watch the World Cup either in your stateroom or in designated lounges.

2010 FIFA World Cup

You won't have to miss the World Cup while you're sailing with us. From the first kick on June 11 to the final whistle on July 11, we'll be airing all the games of the 2010 FIFA World Cup onboard.*

Whether you choose to cheer on your team in the comfort of your stateroom or to gather with other fans in World Cup designated onboard lounges, our programs will bring the excitement of the tournament to sea with themed activities, food and beverages. On some ships, you'll have the opportunity to participate in:

• Onboard tournaments
  • Workshops
  • Training sessions
  • And World Cup trivia

• 4 weeks later...
Do any of you know if they show the Versus network? We are big cycling fans and want to watch the Tour de France in July.

Doubt that you will see it unless RCI carries decides to carry it as they do not have Verses. RCI has some of the worst programming of any cruise lines. They do carry ESPN International.

Archived