Spring Hill by Marriott

flyboyswife

Hi everyone. I'll post this under the US departures board as well but I don't see a lot of movement there and I'm so behind on booking my hotel that I'm hoping I can get some good tips from all of you (maybe even tonight!). My parents, DH, DD and I are sailing out of Fort Lauderdale on the Freedom and will be flying in from the AZ and DC areas respectively. Joining us will be my in-laws who'll be driving in from Tampa. As a result, we're looking for a hotel that offers airport/port shuttles as well as free parking for the duration of the cruise. My DH - who is not a CC user - has proposed the Spring Hill Suites. Can anyone tell me about their experiences there? I'm open to other suggestions as well. DH loves a hotel that offers free breakfast so that is a consideration! :) I'm more concerned in a safe area to leave the car. Thanks in advance!

We have had great luck there...we will be staying a pre cruise nite in Dec. I have never parked my car there..but we have taken the shuttles.

Just make sure you tell them to put ur name on the shuttle list the morning of the cruise.

And they are easy to find at the airport and get a shullte to the hotel.

It was very clean and great location with things close by..

O and the best little sandwich shop across the street!! so good.

We stayed at the Springhill on our last cruise. We flew into FLL and sailed from POM, so we only used the airport shuttle but would stay there again. The rooms are great and it comes with breakfast. Can't help you on the parking since we didn't have a car.

I usually read reviews on Trip Advisor to get a good idea on hotels before booking. It's a sister site to Cruise Critic and you'll get nice unbiased reviews.

I can tell you in October.:D

We booked the Springhill Ft. Lauderdale location to stay one night, leave our car for the six days, free shuttle to the port for $129 I think it is. Great deal since parking would be $120 just for the car at the port.

We did the park/sleep/fly on a cruise out of Miami and it worked great. The only thing I wish we had done was secure a taxi for our return trip to the hotel. It was free going but not coming. They offered to set it up but we thought it would be easy to get a taxi. It was easy to get the taxi, but none of them wanted to go to our hotel. They only wanted to go to airport, so we ended up having to take taxi to airport and another taxi to the hotel. Cost too much money.

Next time we'll secure a ride ahead of time.

Hi everyone. I'll post this under the US departures board as well but I don't see a lot of movement there and I'm so behind on booking my hotel that I'm hoping I can get some good tips from all of you (maybe even tonight!). My parents, DH, DD and I are sailing out of Fort Lauderdale on the Freedom and will be flying in from the AZ and DC areas respectively. Joining us will be my in-laws who'll be driving in from Tampa. As a result, we're looking for a hotel that offers airport/port shuttles as well as free parking for the duration of the cruise. My DH - who is not a CC user - has proposed the Spring Hill Suites. Can anyone tell me about their experiences there? I'm open to other suggestions as well. DH loves a hotel that offers free breakfast so that is a consideration! :) I'm more concerned in a safe area to leave the car. Thanks in advance!

best thing to do is call them and ask them and make sure you get the name of the person you talk to

Archived