Oceana - restaurant confusion.

Andyboy

I am going on my first cruise this July round the West Med. Really lookin forward to it, however a lot about cruising is a bit confusing but with the aid of this forum and other websites I am learning. Can someone explain this statement in the CC review for Oceana.

"In autumn 2008, Cafe Jardin was refitted and turned into a Mediteranean cuisine restaurant with menus from the renowned British chef Marco Pierre White. Menus vary and lunch is free (with £2.50 supplements for fillet of beef and seafood). Dining prices start at £4.99 per person for cruises of eight days or more, to £7.75 per person for short cruises of two days."

I thought that all food was paid for in the price. I understand about supplements for fillet of beef etc, which is fine but I dont get the bit that I have highlighted in bold. On P&Os website it doesn't say much about the cafe Jardin and only states the main four places to eat which are Adriatic etc.

Thanks. Andy.

I'll do my best to help, I know the answer its just finding a way to describe it that isn't as clear as mud and full of waffle :lol:

All your food is paid for, unless you "choose" to eat in a speciality/alternative venue.

The Cafe Jardin, becomes a speciality/alternative venue during the evening. So if you choose to go there for your evening meal, you will be charged. Breakfast and Lunch can be eaten here for free. (unless you choose an item that has a surcharge, that would be clearly marked on the Menu)

I hope that has helped :)

Andy

You only pay extra to dine in Cafe Jardin in the evening, breakfast and lunch is not chargable and one of 3 dining options. We were on Oceana in February and paid the extra in Cafe Jardin 3 times, each time the food and service was very good, well worth the supplement and makes a nice change from the normal restuarants.

You can also pay extra to dine in the Horizan Grill in the evening, another good option especially if the weather is fine and you sit outside, you would need to clarify that when you booked. Both Horizon and cafe need to be pre booked.

Archived