Costa Classica - not much time

georgegirl

When we booked our cruise to go in October to the Far East we booked it through our travel agents. Costa have put us onto a flight with Emirates changing at Dubai. We land in Hong Kong at 17.40 and sail at 9pm. As i am such a worrier, i am worried that we could miss our ship. Mind you as my travel agent spoke to costa direct surely everything should flow nice & easy.

Has anyone else had a short time from landing & sailing in Hong Kong.

Why don't you check the actual arrival time of your flight when it lands in Hong Kong over the next several weeks, so that will you you some idea if it is on time, late or early.

You flight NO. must be EK384 with a stop in Bangkok.

Don't worry - just enjoy your cruise.

Ron

Three and a half hours from airport to Ocean Terminal? It is doable if you can walk and run really fast but I would like to wish you all the best.

I don't understand why people travel long distance from the other half of the planet but would allow three and a half hours to risk missing the boat. Their heart must be stronger than mine.

Such tight connections are the stuff of heart attacks . Why not get Costa to book your flights 24 hours earlier, and stay overnight in Kowloon near Ocean Terminal ? We always book at least 24 hours prior arrival into city of Cruise departure, and 24 hours after cruise arrival for departure from terminal city . Allows a safety margin, and spares one much stress .

I had a similar problem for our upcoming atlantica cruise.they put us on a flight landing at ft lauderdale at 7pm for a sailing from miami at 9pm.they wanted £80 per person to fly a day earlier.ive flown into hong kong and even with bad weather they are usually punctual.trip from the airport is straight forward and easy.

Like you Georgegirl I am a worrier,and I would be concerned about such a short transit time. We always aim to be at the point of embarkment for a cruise or tour at least the day before - nine times out of ten it is not necessary, but on that one time out of ten it is a great relief. And it's not as if we waste the extra day...there is always something to see or do with it.

My travel agents has contacted Costa and there are alot of us on this flight & they say it will be fine. They say they make sure there is enough time when making the bookings. I am sure that there will be enough time to get to the ship from the airport. Costa will know we are on our way. Lets just hope the flight is on time.

I do remember my last cruise some passengers had a late flight and everything was fine.

• 1 month later...

We have booked air and sea through Costa for Costa Classica out of Hong Kong in Jan 2012. We booked air transfers with Costa as we thought that this would provide security in that they know what time we have to be there and it's their resposibility to get us there on time as it is a package. As it's a long way off yet we don't yet know the flight times but we will ask Costa to get us to Hong Kong 2 days early and stay in a hotel.

I have noticed that this cruise is available with other TA's with two nights pre cruise in Hong Kong included in the price. That must be a package with the TA where as ours is a package with Costa through a TA:confused:

Archived