Regent Air Booking - Extra Fees

Just thought I'd alert folks to the possibility of being charged additional fees by Regent Air - over and above the $100pp deviation fee. We booked our upcoming round trip JFK/Copenhagen in business class several months ago, paying the deviation fee to secure the flights we wanted. The confirmed outbound is the non-stop Delta flight 118. For the return trip, the agent advised no current availability on Delta flight 119. She suggested booking us on Air France via Paris but offered to waitlist us on Delta 119. We agreed. There was no mention of additional cost.

Yesterday, Delta seats freed up and our TA told us we could be confirmed on Delta 119 for the return trip. However, she said, there would be a $200 fee to cancel the Air France flights. I remonstrated about this, since we were never informed about the possibility of extra cost. She went back to Regent to check, but subsequently reported that Regent "wouldn't budge" on this fee. We are therefore keeping the Air France confirmed flights!

I always feel strongly about fees coming up, late in the process, without prior warning or advice... and I pass on this experience to you all. Beware!

I was unclear who suggested that you waitlist--Regent Air or your TA? We gave our TA the exact flights and received them. However, I think that once you accept them, you are subject to another fee if you change them. I guess what I'm wondering is if it is your TA who goofed?

Archived