Cash back offer after Early Saver booked

bellariddle

I booked early saver last week at $419 pp. There is now a rate of $509 with $160 per state room OBC. Right now this is not a better offer because mine still averages out to be $10 cheaper per person.

What I would like to know is that IF the OBC offer becomes a better deal. Whether they increase the OBC offer or lower the rate paired with it; Could I claim the price drop with this offer even if it's the OBC that makes the rate a better deal? Will they honor and OBC offer?

The OBC special is for new booking only, in the not so small print. I suppose you could cancel the ES booking, eat the fees and rebook if you wish. All the the OBC special cruises that I have looked at are still much more than the ES rates. So no advantage in cancelling and rebooking that I can see.

I booked early saver last week at $419 pp. There is now a rate of $509 with $160 per state room OBC. Right now this is not a better offer because mine still averages out to be $10 cheaper per person.

What I would like to know is that IF the OBC offer becomes a better deal. Whether they increase the OBC offer or lower the rate paired with it; Could I claim the price drop with this offer even if it's the OBC that makes the rate a better deal? Will they honor and OBC offer?

How close are you to your cruise and has final payment been made? We have booked ES several times. We have already received price reductions in the form or "reduced bill" as we have not reached the final payment date on one of our future cruises. After final payment we received OBC for the difference on the cruise we just got back from. Are you booking through a TA? Most time Carnival doesn't make offers direct "as in $509 with $160 OBC" The just charge less for the cabin and the OBC is tacked on after final payment. We have never seen a price quote with automatic OBC through Carnival but we have seen it through discounted websites and TA. I'm not sure a web rate or TA deal would be honered as a price reduction for Carnival's ES program. I think all the quotes have to be through the website or PVP. You can still get OBC reductions through a TA but it is harder than dealing with Carnival direct becasue Carnival will refer you back to your TA and not deal direct with you if you booked through a TA. (some TA's do not pass on the OBC to their customers which is why we deal direct with Carnival.) Anyone out there have better info - this is from our own experience.

so if i wanted to book now with the es can i still get the 160 obc?

No, ES does not have OBC when you book. You can get it under the terms of ES after final payment if all the requirements are met.

The OBC special is just that and is for new booking only. If you look at the prices on the Carnival site you will see that the OBC special prices are much higher than ES.

so if i wanted to book now with the es can i still get the 160 obc?

You would need to pay the rate for the $160 OBC per cabin ...which as said is at least $80 pp more expensive than paying ES in all cases that I have looked at.

You cant combine and get the ES rate AND the OBC... ignoring the price for the cash back offer. ..just to clarify.

You would need to pay the rate for the $160 OBC per cabin ...which as said is at least $80 pp more expensive than paying ES in all cases that I have looked at.

You cant combine and get the ES rate AND the OBC... ignoring the price for the cash back offer. ..just to clarify.

but the fun saver rate is only 589? so would that be better to do . with the 160 obc .

OK to clarify more .... You cannot combine ANY rates or promos. You cannot take your favorite rate ..no matter which one it is and then pick the OBC.

You MUST pay the rate for the cash back offer... no rates can be combined. (part of one and part of another)

The $160 OBC is a rate with carnival on their website for L.A. sailings. It's called the Cash Back rate. The rates I mentioned originally were for a 6 day out of San Diego 1/3/2011 so a ways out.

Again I know right now it is still $10 pp cheaper to have Early saver I just didn't know what would happen IF the Cash Back rate became the better deal with the OBC offered with it. I've never used ES before so I wasn't sure what could and could not be claimed.

ok thanks fire i understand now sorry:D

Dont be sorry, it goes way back to when we used codes, could not combine the rate codes.

Others are asking too...so you arent the only one, sorry that I didn't make it clearer in the first place and you had to ask .... I should be apologizing not you.

Archived