Stateroom Selection RCCL Freedom Class

mzyonse

Hoping to get some help. I am planning a cruise for November for myself, my husband and our kids, ages 8, 6, and 2 (in crib). I am considering the following RCCL staterooms on either Freedom or Liberty: 2 connecting promenades on deck 8 or 2 connecting oceanviews on deck 2. I am concerned the promenades will be too crowded. Will the oceanview staterooms seem less crowded since the beds are against the window rather than in the middle of the room? Is it a total pain to be on deck 2? Please advise.

Also, any preference of Freedom over Liberty as a ship or vice versa? Also wondering which itinerary is better with 2 year old (mostly want beach time. Freedom goes to St. Martin, St. Kitts and Labadee. Liberty goes to Grand Cayman, Costa Maya, Belize and Cozumel. I had read somewhere that Labadee has rocky beaches, true? We will most likely stay on the boat in Belize.

Any feedback would be appreciated and especially anthing regading activities available ont the ship for my children if it's rainy and they aren't in the kids club, i.e: kid's movies??? Thanks!

The promenade cabins ARE alot smaller than other OV or inside cabins.....

Yes...the lower decks can be a pain, if you tend to spend alot of time up on the pool deck.

Both Freedom and Liberty are sister ships...there's not big difference between the two.

Labadee has a bit of everything...there are sandy beaches and some areas where it's rockier....the sand is crushed shell/coral...not ground-up rock like here, in the States. It's easy to walk on and will provide a great beach day for your family.

You really should get a guidebook on all of those ports, and read up on the beaches...they have all the info you will ever need to pick the best beach (and then, the itinerary!) for your family....some are good for snorkling, some are better for kids, etc.... The book will tell you the best way to get there, and what a cab/bus will cost. Also, there's info about food/drink/bathrooms/rentals/shade... No need to do an excursion for beach days!

Hoping to get some help. I am planning a cruise for November for myself, my husband and our kids, ages 8, 6, and 2 (in crib). I am considering the following RCCL staterooms on either Freedom or Liberty: 2 connecting promenades on deck 8 or 2 connecting oceanviews on deck 2. I am concerned the promenades will be too crowded. Will the oceanview staterooms seem less crowded since the beds are against the window rather than in the middle of the room? Is it a total pain to be on deck 2? Please advise.

Also, any preference of Freedom over Liberty as a ship or vice versa? Also wondering which itinerary is better with 2 year old (mostly want beach time. Freedom goes to St. Martin, St. Kitts and Labadee. Liberty goes to Grand Cayman, Costa Maya, Belize and Cozumel. I had read somewhere that Labadee has rocky beaches, true? We will most likely stay on the boat in Belize.

Any feedback would be appreciated and especially anthing regading activities available ont the ship for my children if it's rainy and they aren't in the kids club, i.e: kid's movies??? Thanks!

There are five of you, which means you have to book three in one cabin. I do not believe any of the promenade view cabins hold three expect the family promenade view cabins, which would hold all five of you. So if you are getting two staterooms for five people, you would be better off with the ocean view cabins. I suggest you try to get near the aft elevators to avoid the noise from the venues on deck three near the front elevators.

I've been on deck two. It is no different than being on any other deck. Being low there will be less movement, so that is a good thing.

The Freedom is one year older than the Liberty. I would suggest the Freedom because the Liberty goes to two tender ports and tendering is a pain, even if you don't have a two year old with you.

The north facing beach (the one under the zip line) is rocky. The other beaches (near where the ship docks) are sandy. I've been to Labadee two times.

Forgot to say I was in Labadee in April and we found a great spot with calm water that was sandy, not rocky. It was right next to all those perky vendors. I wish I knew the name of that beach but can't remember.

Archived