Attention all St. Louis Travelers! Or anyone who has used Transmeridian Airlines...

vossjemi

I am from mid-mo, and thinking of coming up to St.Louis for my flight to Orlando. Someone has recommended I use Transmeridian Airlines from the Belleview, Ill airport into Orlando Sanford as their prices are $79pp one way. This sounds like a great deal. However, I'm curious if anyone has flown this route and if they were happy with the service of this airline and locations of both airports. We'll be first going on a cruise so leaving out of cape canaveral, and then after the cruise taking in a few days at disney world. Would you book with TMA or wait to see if you could get better air through southwest?

The website is:

http://www.transmeridian-airlines.com/

Would you book with TMA or wait to see if you could get better air through southwest?
It's a small charter airline. You need to think about these things: Where's the backup? Where's the flexibility if things go wrong? What will they do for you? What can they do for you? How much are those things worth? Or is the absolute lowest price the only thing that interests you?

I'm the one who suggested Trans Meridian. No I havn't used this airline because it just started flying out of Mid-America last November. I did fly out of Mid-America airport in 2001 to Orlando-Sanford. I have also used American from Lambert Field in St.LOuis to fly to Orlando Airport (MCO).

I find the smaller airport to be a more pleasant and hassle free experience. Trans-Meridian is the only airline flying out of Mid-America currently so this makes for a less hectic airport experience. As I mentioned before parking is free and close, about 50 yards from the baggage claim.

Orlando Sanford is also a small airport but more busy than Mid-America. They have all the major car rental agencies. It is about 20-25 minutes from Orlando, thus about an hour and 20 minutes will get you to Port Canaveral versus about an hour from Orlando.

It will be interesting to see if anybody responds about using Trans-Meridian, I know they have been around since about 1995.

Archived