Luggage storage after unpacking

bloops

Someone told me that after unpacking luggage, the cabin attendant will remove the luggage for storage. Has anyone done this or heard of it on Carnival?

Never have heard of it.. we just push it under the bed.. or put it in the closet..

Someone told me that after unpacking luggage, the cabin attendant will remove the luggage for storage. Has anyone done this or heard of it on Carnival?

Yes, my best friend has a suitcase that is too large to fit under the bed. She unpacked, asked the cabin attendant to kindly store it for her. The last day, after he cleaned the cabin, it was waiting for her to repack. This was on The Splendor, Sept '09.

If you do get a cabin steward to store it ... be aware it might not be in a secure area and could walk off. ..there really are no provisions for storage of luggage. If you really cant handle it in your cabin, do be aware it might not be stored safely.

Years ago it was routine for the cabin steward to remove your luggage after it was unpacked and store it in "the trunk room" which was found mostly on oceangoing vessels. This was back when dinner was always formal and necessitated many changes of clothes.

Here is a question for you guys. On the last night of your cruise when they collect all of your luggage, where do they store it? Is there like a big storage room they use for luggage?

They take it back to the hold - the bowels of the ship to be taken off the same way it was put on, loaded on big honkin' pallets to be lifted, transported and dropped in a huge warehouse. They will be put in according to decks and then it is a free for all from there. Make sure to have a real flashy identifing ribbon tied to handle so you can find it. I actually had a pager inside mine - in a hard tube - I dialed it up and just followed the beeping - worked great for me. I had so many people ask what the hell I did - I think I have some converts. I also had florescent flagging tape tied to handle so that also helped in case I couldn't hear the beeping.

They take it back to the hold - the bowels of the ship to be taken off the same way it was put on, loaded on big honkin' pallets to be lifted, transported and dropped in a huge warehouse. They will be put in according to decks and then it is a free for all from there. Make sure to have a real flashy identifing ribbon tied to handle so you can find it. I actually had a pager inside mine - in a hard tube - I dialed it up and just followed the beeping - worked great for me. I had so many people ask what the hell I did - I think I have some converts. I also had florescent flagging tape tied to handle so that also helped in case I couldn't hear the beeping.

In these times, are you really sure that beeping luggage is a good idea?:D

In these times, are you really sure that beeping luggage is a good idea?:D

Until it goes on the naughty list - you betcha I'll be using it. And it is not like it beeps all the time only when I dial and if I can't find with the florescent tape. Used it twice and once it was embarassing as I was almost on top of it and couldn't see it.

Stored in our closets the first cruise, then found Cruise Critic :D Store under bed now. Just pull out to toss dirty clothes inside & slide back under.

Cannot believe I'll be storing under the bed for the first time on the next cruise. I never thought of it. I've always used the closet. Glad I read the thread!

Aside from the under the bed and the closet, I found the hidden drawers under the sofa last year on the Legend - Thats where the smaller duffel bags and dirty laundry go.

Cannot believe I'll be storing under the bed for the first time on the next cruise. I never thought of it. I've always used the closet. Glad I read the thread!

Aside from the under the bed and the closet, I found the hidden drawers under the sofa last year on the Legend - Thats where the smaller duffel bags and dirty laundry go.

We used the sofa storage for our shoes. Saved me from tripping all the time - I am a klutz at the best of times and needed no further help.

Archived