Early Saver - very confused

EmiGirl826

So I've noticed that a lot of people are getting price drops and upgrades around here. Now, my question. I've gone to Carnival's website and noticed that they're not offering my category anymore 8C. Does this mean that I have no chance to get a price drop/upgrade? I've never done this before so I'm very confused on how the whole system works. Thanks ahead of time!

you can still get a credit/upgrade....if any higher category (8D for example) is the same price or less, you can upgrade to that category and get the difference back as OBC

or

if the higher category falls in price so its only a little bit more than your current, you can pay the difference and upgrade as well.

Hope this helps!

When you book Early Saver you're not only concerned with drops in the Early Saver Rate itself (which goes away in 3 months cruises 5 days or less and in 5 months cruises 6 days or more) but you also want to monitor drops for any rates that you're eligible for, including the FunSelect Rate, Past Guest Rate (if you're a Past guest), the 55+ Rate (if you're 55+), the Resident Rate for your State of Residence, and the Military Rate (if you're military eligible). If the Past Guest rate drops below your current ES rate, and you’re a Past Guest, you get that rate. Same for FunSelect, 55+, Resident and Military Rate drops. Remember that the price protection is for same ship, same dates, same Cabin Category and same number of passengers (the adjustment is for the combined PAX 1 and PAX 2 rates AND the PAX 3 (if any) and PAX 4 (if any) rates. The Early Saver Price Protection is ONLY for Carnival-advertised rates.

Once Booked, You can check the Past Guest, 55+ and Resident Promo Rates daily using the Quick Search Box on carnival.com . In order to view the promo rates, it may be necessary to first Log-In with your username AND Password, then Log-Out, such that no Name or Past Guest ID info is displayed when you visit carnival.com.

It may be that your 8C IS sold out, or it may be that all the 8C's set aside for Early Saver have been sold. Keep an eye on any of the other rates you're eligible for, fior an 8C, and for 8C's to re-appear. Also if an 8D or higher drops below your 8C ES rate, you can upgrade to that higher Category AND get OBC for the difference.

ken

So I've noticed that a lot of people are getting price drops and upgrades around here. Now, my question. I've gone to Carnival's website and noticed that they're not offering my category anymore 8C. Does this mean that I have no chance to get a price drop/upgrade? I've never done this before so I'm very confused on how the whole system works. Thanks ahead of time!

The way I understand it, is that you wont get a price drop; however, you can always upgrade, as higher level cabins drop in price. You should even be able to get obc if you upgraded to a cabin at a cheaper price then what you paid. Except now for future price drops, you will look at your new cabin type prices and not 8C cabin prices.

Also, just because there are no 8C cabins now, doesn't mean they wont sell them later. As other people upgrade to higher level cabins, the 8C cabins may become available again at a cheaper price.

Hope that helps.

Thank you! I've been watching the prices and they've done nothing but go up. But now I know what to do when something does (hopefully) happen! For some reason I noticed that the 8C cabins are open again. Who knows. Maybe they had them reserved for TAs or blocked for a group?

I have an 8c too on a different date and I have been watching for a rates for months never showing any All the 8c's seemed to be gone and low and behold Friday they were back again and at a cheaper rate so I got onboard credits.

Thank you! I've been watching the prices and they've done nothing but go up. But now I know what to do when something does (hopefully) happen! For some reason I noticed that the 8C cabins are open again. Who knows. Maybe they had them reserved for TAs or blocked for a group?

I see ES is no longer available for your cruise and the balcony cabins are only available as Fun Select and nothing else.

I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for a price drop as this cruise looks like it is selling well due to the fact that it goes to Aruba from FLL.

All oceanviews are sold out already.

You never know though as agencies may be turning in some cabins at final payment.

Good luck and hope you get a price drop.:)

Bill

We have a 4A room booked under Early Saver. I don't see it listed on the under ES. The 4B rooms are less than what we paid for 4A. Can I submit Early Saver Form?

See post #2 and substitute 4B for 8D. ;)

We have a 4A room booked under Early Saver. I don't see it listed on the under ES. The 4B rooms are less than what we paid for 4A. Can I submit Early Saver Form?

yes, just ask for the upgrade and in the comments section explain the 4B is cheaper and that you want the upgrade and the price difference as OBC.

I'm starting to feel like you need a PhD for Early Saver...:o

I think I found the answer to this while searching yesterday but thought I would post and see if I understood correctly.

We are booked ES in a 4F. Checked rates yesterday and the past guest rate is offering upgrades....4F is being upgraded to 4G. Even though the 4F rate is more money, are we able to take advantage of the 4F-4G upgrade?

(I should note that if we can, we won't. The 4Gs are on Verandah and I've already been on that deck for Splendor. Won't be doing that again. :))

Thanks!!

I think I found the answer to this while searching yesterday but thought I would post and see if I understood correctly.

We are booked ES in a 4F. Checked rates yesterday and the past guest rate is offering upgrades....4F is being upgraded to 4G. Even though the 4F rate is more money, are we able to take advantage of the 4F-4G upgrade?

(I should note that if we can, we won't. The 4Gs are on Verandah and I've already been on that deck for Splendor. Won't be doing that again. :))

Thanks!!

No the price has to be the same or lower than what you paid to get the free upgrade or credit. If you wanted the upgrade, you could pay the difference, but if the price is still more than you paid, you cannot get the upgrade for free.

Thanks!!

If you are booked in a 4F and a past guest rate is offering 4f to 4G and it's more money than what you paid you can upgrade but you'd have to pay the difference.

Well just talked with PVP and upgraded instead of taking the credit....woooohoooo. Now have to wait on yet another price drop!!!

If the 4B was cheaper than the 4A shouldn't you have been upgraded and been given a credit?

Bill

If i am wrong correct me, but i think you only get the upgrades and such if you book thru carnival. I have sailed carnival 5 times and never have had an upgrade or seen any price adjustments, i usually book thru costco..

If booked ES you can get upgrades and OBC's up until 2 days before your cruise leaves no matter who you book with unless you have a TA that refuses.

If that's the problem I wouldn't be booking with that TA anymore.

If not booked ES you have until final payment to get get price adjustments and upgrades.

Bill

We have two cabins, 8C and 8M, booked for the Nov 21 Turkey cruise on Conquest. Have submitted claims for $340 in price reductions for the two cabins combined. Two price drops in two weeks. Can't complain about that.

Have to keep monitoring for more price drops. I'm going through a TA who say they will submit the claim, but I still haven't heard anything from the first claim a week ago, and the agent I spoke to today said there was nothing on the account about submitting a prior ES form. Let's hope this other TA is more diligent. Will be calling back if I don't hear something by Tuesday.

The price drops are curious. We did a cruise last year on the Ecstasy for the same week. That 5 day cruise cost as much as the 7 day on Conquest will cost us now. Maybe its the oil spill.

Can someone explain how to book "ES"? Or point me to somewhere it has already been explained???

The below link describes Early Saver - the "Terms & Conditions" legalities are at the bottom.

http://www.carnival.com/cms/fun/earlysaver/default.aspx

The Early Saver rates are offered up to 3 months prior to sailing for 5-day or less cruises and up to 5 months prior to sailing for 6-day or more cruises.

Do a cruise search and find cruises you're interested in, be sure to enter ## passengers at the prompt, then click on the Early Saver Rate to see the ES rates.

You can call 800 number (which might be best for you) and ask questions, select best cabin location, etc. and book with the Carnival agent. If a price drop occurs after that (YOU have to monitor the daily rate changes yourself) YOU must fill-out the on-line Price Adjustment request form and submit.

You can similarly call a TA and do the above. But, you have to ask if the TA's charge an added cancellation fee if you cancel and if they charge to submit price Adjustment requests (TA submits these when you book via TA).

ken

Archived