SD I New Years Cruise

gretchen's mom

We were on SDI for New Year's this year. It is wonderful. They have a great New Year's party. It was supposed to be in St Barth, which we were so looking forward to, but weather intervened and St Barths closed their port. You have to go with the flow - it was great anyway.

I don't know if you have been on SD previously, but if so you need to know that the passenger mix on this holiday cruise is quite different from the norm. There are multiple large family groups, and LOTS of teenagers and young adults. I'm not saying that that is a bad thing - I'm saying that it definitely changes the vibe on the ship. As long as you anticipate that, it's fine. But if you're thinking that this will be the usual SD all adult cruise, and if that is important to you, then you need to think about it a bit.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you very much for this infomation. We have decided not to go on the holiday week cruise but would have considered it in the future. We do enjoy the mostly adult atmosphere of the typical Seadream cruise. I am very happy to hear about your experiences during the holiday week. These boards are such a great way to exchange information!

Archived