W Hotel FLL upgrades

yellowsnow

I booked the W via Priceline and after doing so, we've been thinking we may want a room with a balcony. I think I remember reading somewhere that they give complimentary room upgrades. Has anyone requested or been offered one? What was your experience?

Also, does anyone know if there is an option to upgrade after booking with priceline by paying extra?

Thanks!

I think all of the rooms have balconies, even though the website describes some room categories as having "full length windows" and "balconies available". The less expensive rooms just have smaller balconies. You should call the hotel to confirm this, but this has been my experience there.

I called the W. They said that for the category I was booked (which is the one priceline gave me, i don't know if it's always the same) about 98% of the rooms have balconies but they could make a note on my reservation saying I want a balcony and they'll try to accommodate. They said they don't block the rooms until the day before, so they can't guarantee it now.

I also asked about the Acura Experience, it's basically a test ride to somewhere within 5 miles of the hotel. I asked if I could ask them to take me to port to catch my cruise ship and they said yes. Unfortunately it was after business hours and I couldn't make the reservation, but this is great news! I was told the W doesn't have shuttles, which is true, but they do take you to port for free so it's in my opinion better than most shuttles ;)

I think they had a dedicated Acura desk. Their concierges are great too. I hope that you get your balcony. I've only reserved the lowest category rooms and had one on both stays.

Did you ever take the acura to port?

Did you ever take the acura to port?

No, I live 5 miles from the hotel and just go there from weekend getaways. I've never read about anyone riding the acura here, so you might be the first CC member who figured this out!

We just got back from a post cruise stay at The W that we booked thru Hotwire and loved it. We did not have a balcony, but really didn't miss it. At check, the person at the front desk said that the type of room you get thru Hotwire (and I'd assume Priceline) doesn't always have a balcony. The windows in the room are floor-to-ceiling and we loved looking at the views and staying cool inside :). The hotel was great!!! Not to get off topic, but we had 2 wonderful dinners and desserts 2 blocks south at Casablanca Cafe (loved it so much we had to go back the second night) and great breakfast at H2O, maybe another 2 - 3 blocks south!!! Have fun...

I may be checking out H2O for breakfast. Is there breakfast at the hotel?

I have been busy and didn't call to book the acura to port, but if it works out i'll let you guys know. Now the question is how much do you tip the acura driver?

We too are staying at the W pre-cruise for our August 11th. We reserved the Acura experience with a person named Beverly. We reserved the first 'drive' for 11 a.m.

I too wonder how much we should tip the driver, it will be four adults.

I may be checking out H2O for breakfast. Is there breakfast at the hotel?

H2O was very good! STEAK 954 is open daily for breakfast, but we didn't eat there. There is also a breakfast bar with basic pastries, bagels, fruits, juices and complimentary cooffee every morning right off the Living Room. It was pretty good, but right next door (north) is the Ft Lauderdale Hilton Beach Resort and they have a French Bakery with very good pastries, sandwiches, paninis and pizza. :) We ate 1 lunch and 1 breakfast there...

Ciera, thanks for the info! I'll be sure to check some of those out!

I called the Acura experience and tried to book them to take me to port for my december cruise and they said it was too far in advance to book and that I should call in 2-3 months.

Archived