It IS OASIS on natgeo right now...10pm Thursday

Thought the show was very interesting as you saw from the planning stages throughout the stages of Oasis being built, I thought it was interesting watching Capt Wright not liking the orginial Central Park design and he was correct it did not look like much from what we saw of the drawing.

For me this was the program I was waiting for, glad I watched it and cannot wait to be cruising on her in November. Great show.

I thought it was interesting watching Capt Wright not liking the orginial Central Park design and he was correct it did not look like much from what we saw of the drawing.

I liked seeing this as well and agree that a grassy knoll would have seemed out of place.

I also enjoyed seeing the building of the carousel, and in particular, the carving out of extra wood because of its flammability, and tilting it at 5 degrees to test durability during a list. Loved Richard Fain sitting on the carousel exclaiming, "I hate to say this, but this is FUN!"

Overall an enjoyable program which did a good job of showcasing the Oasis while not making it an infomercial.

Oh, I missed it - what was the title, maybe it will come on again - does anyone have dish network - do we get that channel? What about hula? Is that the way to pronounce it? I'm so disappointed

Hi,

Unfortunately it wasn't on our National Geographic... not sure if it's a Canadian thing or not. Does anyone know if it's available to watch some other way.. ie youtube or itunes or something? I have emailed Nat. Geo to see if there are other options to watch it.

From the clips on the website it looked like it would have been interesting.

D

Oh, I missed it - what was the title, maybe it will come on again - does anyone have dish network - do we get that channel? What about hula? Is that the way to pronounce it? I'm so disappointed

This show will air again next Thursday (the 17th) at 6:00pm ET. The title of the program is World's Largest Cruise Ship.

As to the other part of your question, yes, Dish Network carries National Geographic but it depends on what package you have as to whether you get it or not. You have to have the Top 250 or Everything package to get it. You can go to the Dish Network website for channel listings for each package.

Unfortunately it wasn't on our National Geographic... not sure if it's a Canadian thing or not. Does anyone know if it's available to watch some other way.. ie youtube or itunes or something? I have emailed Nat. Geo to see if there are other options to watch it.

From the clips on the website it looked like it would have been interesting.

D

I don't know how it works in Canada but we have two National Geographic channels here. The "regular" one and Nat Geo Wild (mostly animal/wildlife programming, I think). Could it be you were on the wrong one or do you just have one?

Does anyone know if this will be aired again as some of my group of 20 going in Sept. 2011 missed it and would like to catch it again if it airs???

We are from the US and have cable hd channels.

Thanks

Yes. I was typing above while you were posting. ;)

It airs again next Thur (the 17th) at 6:00pm ET.

I don't know how it works in Canada but we have two National Geographic channels here. The "regular" one and Nat Geo Wild (mostly animal/wildlife programming, I think). Could it be you were on the wrong one or do you just have one?

Hmm I am not sure.. I only have the one channel.. of Nat Geo. It seems to carry the shows like megaships or whatever but not this one.

The June 1st showing on Discovery was a different show.

Oh well perhaps they will air it in Canada sometime soon.

Thanks

It was a great documentary. I was a little worried that they were going to be rehashing all of the RCCL documentary vignettes from the website but there was a lot of inside information and other behind the scenes action that we never knew about. Some of which we knew about but weren't supposed to, lol. Before watching the documentary I was a fan of captain Bill and knew he was involved in deploying the Oasis but after watching the special it is incredible just how fundamental he was to the actual design of the entire ship, not just the navigation aspects. They also showed some of the cool zip line testing procedures to ensure it would work but left out the aerostat part. I also found it kind of odd though that they showed the incident where the ship slammed into the dock during the float out, which I was unaware of, yet tried to cover up the transatlantic that everyone knows about. When we sailed one of the jokes was that the first question that EVERYONE always asks is what happened during the transatlantic. Yet in the documentary they mentioned leaving the UK and then jumped right to the arrival in Ft. Lauderdale with a line about how perfect the weather was. They then jumped to Captain Wright commenting on how it was the absolute best weather you could ever ask for but no mention of her issues during the crossing or even the fact that she arrived late. That just seemed very odd considering how well known an event it was and the significance of the repercussions from it.

Archived