Deluxe inside vs Balcony

misand

Can someone tell me is there any significant difference between the Deluxe inside and the Deluxe Balcony? Too me it looks like the same room except a small balcony is added? Is it worth a $1000 difference?

Thanks,

Misand

Yep, the room is the same. Only difference is the 54 sf balcony. Only you can decide if having a balcony is worth $1k. It's truly a personal preference thing.

We've had them on some cruises and used them a lot, had them on some cruises and NEVER used them because there was a lot going on elsewhere on the ship, and we've done cruises without them and never missed them.

I've had balconies twice on Disney and didn't use them at all because my daughter kept me running all over the ship. But if I had a small child who took naps I'd probably love a balcony on Disney. Now I skip the Disney balconies and spend the $ elsewhere.

Honestly I would not pay a thousand bucks extra for a balcony on DCL. I will say that a balcony is a beautiful extra especially when you want to enjoy the sunset from a private area. The one thing that really ruined the experience for us were that the people in the balcony just ahead of us were heavy smokers and were jerks about it. We had to time our use of the balcony to when they were not around, otherwise the fog would roll in. It was disgusting and a big downer for me.

The first time we booked a balcony cabin, my husband said he would never book anything else, but at the time he was a smoker, so you figure it out. We just returned from an Alaska cruise (sorry, with Carnival, not Disney) and I sat out on our balcony all the time. We were lucky to have great weather and the view was awesome. Also, if you have small kids, I wouldn't chose balcony and worry that you'd forget to lock the door. I agree with others who posted that it's a personal perference. Our first few cruises, we went with the least expensive inside cabin. Remember, are you really spending time in the cabin, there's curtains on the sall to make you believe you havea window and when you're all dressed up in the dining room, no one can tell who booked the least expensive inside cabin vs. the penthouse.

To me, the balcony is worth it. I love waking up in the morning and sitting outside with my cup of tea watching the world go by. I spent lots of time on my balcony on the two cruises we'e taken so far.

That said, we just booked a charter cruise with a port intensive itinerary and on the one sea day it's going to be non-stop events related to the theme of the cruise. It's on a small ship that has no balconies in any of the rooms, so we booked the cheapest room we could.

Thanks for all the posts, I think we are going to stick with the inside cabin, since it is a Disney cruise and all. On our NCL we had a mini suite and it was a good size balcony. Too me it sees that the balcony is too small to really enjoy a lot. Especially with 4 people in the room. we were hoping the rooms were larger but I guess not.

Thanks,

Misand

Archived