Venice - ACTV Tickets?

DanL

A bit confused on best purchase approach for water bus tickets from

http://www.actv.it/en/movinginvenice/movinginvenice

We will be in Venice from 1pm, staying on ship first night then spending an extra day/night in Venice. The 36 hour travel card is 23Euro, but a 10 journey booklet for water services is 10Euro. The 10 journey seems the better deal. Am I missing something?

Mainly want to do the Grand canal bus #1 & circular #82 (plan to walk most elsewhere). It appears that they are ~3 Euro each. Are the 10 journey booklets usable for these?

Or should we just pay for the rides individually as we use them?

Am I missing something?

Yes, you are. Those are the prices for people with a Cartavenezia card, which costs 40 Euro per person.

The single use fare is Euro 6,50 without the card.

Depending on when you will be in Venice, there may be a discount for purchasing ahead of time through Venice Connected: http://www.veniceconnected.com/

I don't understand why people buy a 24 hr vs. a 12 hr. vaporetto card. For a good portion of that 24 hrs. you'll be in bed!

The vaporetto is not a deal for tourists, but Venice is so small you can walk anywhere. I wouldn't bother with a pass unless you have mobility issues. My husband and I bought a single ticket for 6.50 when we wanted to cruise around the perimeter and also when we wanted to cruise along the Grand Canal. The perimeter waterbus was worth it, but the Grand Canal trip was too crowded to be any fun at all.

Archived